Chapter 18 - "You have to talk to me."

Kenny was a life-saver and managed to move Hudson along quickly, allowing Ty to return to the spa where she found the girls had blessedly moved on from the topic of Hudson. Ty found her spot against the wall but refused to let her thoughts go to Hudson.

There would be time for that later. Instead, she tuned her ears to the girl's conversation and found herself quickly caught up in their dating drama.

By the time the spa day was over, all the girls looked blissfully relaxed and Ty had strong opinions about who should dump their boyfriend, who should marry their boyfriend, and who needed therapy. She was still dissecting Bianca's daddy issues as she left the spa and she didn't see Hudson waiting for her.

"Ty," he said, stepping out of a corner.

She froze for a moment, taking him in as he walked towards her with a smile on his face. Her brain jumped through a strange process of sadness to hurt to anger like it couldn't figure out what she should feel about him. But looking around she knew there was only one way for her to act in conversation.

She put on her most disingenuous smile. "Mr Hamilton. How can I help you?"

The use of his formal name had the opposite effect than she expected and his smile grew.

"You can help me with a lot of things," he said, walking closer, raising a flirty eyebrow.

He looked around to check their surroundings and she took the chance to take a few steps back.

"What can I help you with?" she said repeated, letting her smile go.

She would hate for him to get the impression that she actually wanted to be there talking to him. She looked at her watch like she had better things she could be doing.

"Well, I saw there isn't anything on the schedule for this afternoon or night. I thought maybe you would have some ideas on how I could spend that time."

He gave her a knowing smile, which if given yesterday would have thrilled her, but today all she wanted to do was slap the smile right off his face.

She clenched her hands and told herself to remain professional until the end. "We have a long list of events happening this afternoon and night. You can find a schedule for them at the main desk."

She watched something shift in his expression. She could tell he hadn't expected her to keep up the formal conversation for so long. Well, she hadn't expected him to have a girlfriend. They both weren't getting what they wanted.

He let out an awkward laugh and ran a hand through his hair. He looked at her closer, narrowing his eyes as he studied her. She gave him her blankest look. A small crease formed between his eyes but he shook his head and took another step closer.

"Ty, are you...?" he started.

"Mr. Hamilton, I have somewhere I need to be," she said, taking another step back.

She could see his confusion truly set in and she couldn't deny it was a little vindicating for all the confusion and frustration she had dealt with that morning.

"If you have any more questions about the schedule, anyone at the main desk will answer your questions." She didn't wait for a response as she turned to leave.

"Ty!" he called after her.

She could sense him following her just as someone called out his name.

"Hudson!" It was one of the girls. "There you are. We are all out by the pool. Come on."

"Yeah, just give me a minute," he said.

Ty stopped and turned around. "Actually, Mr Hamilton we can figure out that scheduling thing later. I would hate to keep you from your party. Please, enjoy the pool."