Chapter 15 - "Not a big deal?"

By early the next morning, Ty's smile was gone. Instead of the happy dizzy feeling, she was filled with uncertainty. Had she made a huge mistake kissing Hudson? It hadn't felt like a mistake last night but now she wasn't so sure.

She slipped out of her room before any of her roommates were even stirring and started walking. She didn't know where she was going, all she knew is that she felt better being on the move.

As she walked through the halls she thought about going to Jules' room. She knew she would receive a warm welcome and Jules would be thrilled to hear about the kiss. There was no doubt in Ty's mind that Jules would say the kiss was not a mistake. That very thought had Ty turning away from Jules' room.

Johnny's room was ahead. He had had his own romances with passengers and would definitely be able to tell Ty the pros and the cons, but Ty couldn't trust that he wouldn't then use her thing with Hudson for betting.

Kenny popped into Ty's mind. He was always level headed, never cared about employee drama and Ty knew he would have sound advice, but he was scheduled with her on all the Hamilton events. Did she really want him knowing she viewed Hudson as anything more then just a passenger if he was going to be the main person seeing them interact on excursions.

There was only one other person on the boat that Ty could go to and as she directed her feet towards her door she berated herself for not going to him to begin with. But first she needed to arm herself with coffee.

She arrived at Anders' door with two cups of steaming coffee just as he was coming out.

"Ty," he mumbled, his eyes only half opened.

"Morning!" she said, putting one of the coffees in his hand. He started walking and she followed along and let him get a few sips in before she started in on her problem. "I kissed Hudson," she blurted out. "Last night it felt like the best decision but now this morning...Lets just say eighty percent of me thinks it was a mistake and twenty percent is wondering why I'm not at his door kissing him again."

"Hmmm," Anders said. He took a few more sips and frowned thoughtfully. Ty remained silent, knowing Anders would talk when he had something to say. After a minute he said, "he is good at Sardines."

"That's not the issue," she said.

"You aren't the first person to kiss an passenger," he offered.

"That's true. But am I being a complete idiot? I mean, he is going to be gone in three days."

Ty stopped short. What was she thinking? Hudson would be gone in a matter of days and she was stupid to have even kissed him.

"You know what, I'm being an idiot," she said. "I should call the whole thing off."

"No," Anders said. "You aren't being an idiot and you definitely shouldn't call off whatever is going on."

Ty looked at him in surprise. Now he seemed like the idiot.

"Stop," Anders said firmly. "This is what you do."

"What I do?" she questioned.

"Yes," he said. "You get close to something you like then you decide that it is going to end badly so you end it before it can begin."

"Ha!" Ty laughed sharply, trying to ignore the punched-like feeling in her gut "I do not do that," she said, her voice coming out wobbly.

"You do it all the time. I'm not saying it's good or bad," he said, raising his hands to prove there wasn't any judgment. "I've just seen you do it enough times to know it's something you do."

Ty pursed her lips, frustrated to find there was no quick quip on the tip of her tongue.

"I see this Hudson guy being gone in three days as a good thing," Anders continued. "You know the deadline. You know this isn't going to last. Why not enjoy it while you can? Then the week will end and you guys will go your separate ways." He paused and let his words sink in.