𝟎𝟏

" — 𝐒𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌! : 𝐝 𝐞 𝐫 𝐚 𝐧 𝐠 𝐞 𝐝
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟎𝟏 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥 "

- Ashley Miller -

- Ashley Miller -

My legs dangled off the edge of the couch whilst I chewed on the handful of salty popcorn I cooked a few hours ago, I tried to make as less noise as I could, my eyes were glued to the small television screen, my heart beat faster and faster, the movie 'nightmare on elm street' was playing and even though I had watched this movie hundreds of times I would always get hooked.

It was one of my favourite scary movies.

Since I was home alone the volume was at its max which caused the scare factor to be double than normal. Taking another handful of popcorn I placed a few in my mouth, the crunching sound was all that echoed in the empty house since the movie fell silent, signalling that there was a jump scare arriving. I didn't blink for what seemed like hours because I didn't want to miss this next scene considering it was the best one throughout the entire movie and as soon as the scream was heard my eyes blinked a couple of times.

A subtle smile rested on my lips watching the girl get brutally murdered in the movie. My gaze travelled towards the clock which rested on top of the television, it was nearing midnight, a sigh escaped my lips as I grabbed the tv remote and turned the screen off. I had to go hell tomorrow which everyone called school. Considering it was a Sunday night and I was awake this late I was sure to be late to school tomorrow because the one thing I couldn't do was get out of bed in the morning.

Standing up from the comfortable warm couch I grabbed the empty bowl of popcorn and placed it in the sink, I'll probably wash it tomorrow after school, my father was out of town for a few weeks because he had business going on in New York which was hours away but I didn't complain I liked being alone. Before going upstairs I checked all the doors and windows, it was a nightly routine ever since my father started to leave for work, he always said 'no one can be trusted' and to 'always watch my back' and I obeyed those instructions he gave me because they were useful.

You could never trust someone.

Because you don't know what their capable of.

Satisfied with all the locks I turned all the lights off but kept the porch light on, going up the flight of stairs I checked all the windows on the second floor as it was really easy to climb up my house, I would know, I used to sneak out and sneak back in daily but since I was in the last year of high school I had stopped doing that and focused more on my education because I didn't want to let my father down.