𝟏𝟏

" — 𝐒𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌! : 𝐝 𝐞 𝐫 𝐚 𝐧 𝐠 𝐞 𝐝
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟏 | 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 "

- Ashley Miller -

- Ashley Miller -

Five Months After The Killings.

The bright sun shone down onto the warm streets of Woodsboro, California. The events that occurred just over five months ago had died down and the new talk of the town was the new mall which was being built. However I didn't care about that mall. I cared about the people who lost their lives. Sat down in the freshly cut green grass I crossed my arms over my chest as I admired Tatum's gravestone which pained me every time I read her name engraved in it. I had brought her new flowers today and a few extra things.

Today was graduation day and whilst all the other students were celebrating with their friends I celebrated sat with my friend who was six feet under. Placing Tatum's graduation cap next to her grave I let a painful smile rest on my lips as I imaged how happy she would've been. Tate always used to talk about graduation, how she would flip off all the teachers and then leave this boring town. How she wanted to live in one of the bigger cities, find someone she loved and have kids with them.

But she couldn't.

She was stuck in this town forever.

Laying down next to her grave I played with the rings on my fingers. "I'm so sorry Tate." I whispered to myself, I didn't know why I talked to her, I knew she couldn't hear me but I always wished she could. "This is all my fault, your like this because of me." I spoke trying to hold in my tears.

These five months were the hardest five months in my entire life, everywhere I looked in school I saw the six of us together, laughing and joking around. It pained me to see all the picture of us in my room, the matching outfits Tatum and I had were torturing me. My dad told me to throw them away because I'd cry every time I'd see them but I didn't want to. I didn't want to forget Tate, she was my only true friend who never backed away from me or hid things from me but that was what I did. I slept with her deranged boyfriend, I let him give me hickeys and I kept it all away from her.

It was so, so wrong and I couldn't forgive myself for what I did. "I'm so sorry Tate." I repeated over and over again as cold, salty tears escaped my eyes and fell down the sides of my face. I couldn't even bring myself to wipe them away anymore. Swallowing the saliva in my mouth I traced patterns with the tips of my fingers on her tombstone. "I miss you Tatum, I miss you so much." I whispered, my bottom lip quivered.

Dewey had it the worst, he had to take carry his little sisters dead body to the hospital, he cried so much. Her death broke him more than I thought it would've. I felt bad for Dewey. In the first couple of months he completely ignored me, but I understood why he did it. I got his little sister killed, his little sister who meant a lot to him.

Randy fortunately survived the gun shot wound Billy gave him, it missed his lung just by a few inches. He was the only one who helped me get through these five months of high school. Randy made me smile on days I didn't think I would've smiled on, he made me feel happier but it didn't wipe away the reality that happened not too long ago.

However, Billy Loomis and Stu Macher were never caught and just the thought of it made the hairs on the back of neck rise. To think that they were still alive somewhere, probably watching me from afar like the sick fucks they are and I knew that because I continuously felt like I was being watched, those two pair of eyes were always watching me, watching every move I took.

Wiping the tears from my face I sat up properly and fixed the flowers which surrounded Tatum's grave. "Take care in the afterlife Tate." I whispered. Forcing a painful smile onto my lips as I felt like hugging her, I wanted to hear her laugh again, hear her cheeky remarks she would make every time someone walked into a room.

Feeling someone's hand on my shoulder I turned my head to see Dewey stood behind me in his police officer uniform. "Hey Ashley." He spoke, clearing my throat I stood up from the grass and wiped myself down. "Hey Dwight." I replied, I knew whenever anyone called him Dewey it would pain him since that nickname was given to him by his little sister when she was about six. "You should stop coming to her grave." The older boy told me but I shook my head no. "No I cant-" I was cut off. "It's for your own health Ashley, I've noticed whenever you start to get better and forget you come back and that sends you back to square one." Dewey scolded me.

He was right.

But I didn't want to forget Tate.

Licking my lower lip which seemed dry I let out a sigh. "Alright, I'll visit her less." I told him whilst playing with the ends of my sleeves. "Any news on the two?" I asked trying to change the topic but he shook his head no. "Alright, I hope we find them soon." I told him, placing my hand on his shoulder I patted it gently. "Hope your doing good Dewey." I spoke but my eyes instantly widened. "Oh god, I'm so sorry." I told him immediately. "No, no it's alright. I miss being called that." Dewey replied and I smiled in relief. "I'll see you around, I've got curfew." I told him.

Receiving a smile from Dewey I grabbed my bag and swung it over my shoulder. "I'll see you around Dewey." I spoke, making my way back home. "Get home safe Ashley." He replied, waving at the older boy I ran my fingers through my hair which had been growing longer than I wanted it. I never got the courage to cut my hair, besides I had no one to take me and tell me what to do to my hair anymore.

My dad, James Miller, gave me a curfew ever since he got back from his business trip. He also started to work from home because he didn't want to leave me alone and vulnerable anymore and I appreciated it. However he was pushing me to get more friends but I didn't want to, I didn't want to move on from Tatum just yet.

Sidney and I never talked much since the party, the only times we met was at Tatum's funeral. I heard from Randy that she was moving out of town later this year and honestly I would do the same thing but I couldn't. My father couldn't afford it and I didn't want to force him to either.

However, this gave me more time to think about how I'm going to get those deranged mother-fuckers back.

-