Chapter 12

"Hello," Zyler stuck his phone between his ear and shoulder, buttoning his shirt.

Cole was handling Zyler's business while his boss was away. "So, did you finish your job?" Cole's question received silence as the answer. Cole knew to take that silence as a yes. Thinking Zyler killed Autumn, he didn't ask for any further information. All he could do was pray that her soul rests in peace.

"What is on my agenda for today?" he moved to the vanity and sprayed his cologne, clouding his own senses.

"Bianchi's," Cole knew Zyler wasn't a fan of Bianchi's. They were dogs, trying to take the Stone's down for a while. Both Zyler and Cole were aware of it, but they let those dogs have some control over the territory while still watching their backs.

"Send me the address and location," was all he said and hung up on Cole, and within seconds, Zyler's phone blasted with a series of notifications and to-do lists. The man immediately jumped into his car to meet the men. He hated being tardy and was always punctual to his meetings because he knew he didn't get to where he was by slacking at his work, and he expected the same from his employees.

He parked his car before his luxurious building. His valet immediately came to his side to take the keys and park the car. Unbuttoning his jacket, Zyler interposed and commanded everyone's presence. People became quiet and made no noise. The only sound heard was the click of his pricey boots touching the marble floor. The sounds of his employee's chatter resumed when he breezed into his elevator.

He didn't care about returning any of his employee's greetings. As soon as he made an entrance, he saw the blood-hungry dogs, the Bianchi's, sitting in his meeting room. Unbothered, he walked by and took his seat in the head chair. Gabriel, Nicholas, Elliot, and Romano sat along with his men. They all stood up as soon as Zyler sat in his chair. Nicholas was sweating bullets sitting before Zyler, while Gabriel and Romano had no facial expressions.

"We are pleased to have you here, Mr. Stone," Romano, head of the Bianchi clan, spoke, trying not to provoke him.

Zyler fixed his glare on the patriarch, "is that so, Romano?" he twirled the paperweight in his hands. The man wasn't timid. Zyler knew it too. If anything, he is more sadistic than most men in this room. Romano did not answer. "Then why was your son reckless and lost my shipment? And spent extra to cover up his tracks?" Nichola's eyes turned wide as that of a frog's. His mind was mush. He was close to peeing his pants.

Zyler smirked, looking at the boy. He had a smirk on his face. Yet Nicholas could barely smirk because he knew the mess he could inherit. He knew Gabriel and Romano would be pissed off at what he did. Gabriel had warned him to be careful, yet he messed up. Is Zyler going to kill him?

"I........." Nicholas was about to say something when the paperweight from Zyler's hands flew by his face, missing it by a nanosecond and hitting the man next to him, point black in his forehead. If Nicholas wasn't scared before, he was now. He had never seen Zyler in action before. This was the first time he had ever seen his anger.

"This is for interrupting me," Zyler's shoulders relaxed as if he didn't hurt someone seconds ago. "Next time, your head will be in his place, and my paperweight will replace my gun," he fisted his gun out and placed it on the table. Nicholas swallowed a lump, not because of the weapon but because of Zyler. His blazing eyes relaxed the next minute, toning down his irises and bringing them to normal color. Romano balled his fists, controlling his anger.

Romano cleared his throat and asked Gabriel and Nicholas to calm down. He knew acting out of anger would only cause their death. "I am sure my son's intention wasn't to fool you, Mr. Stone. He is an amateur. He is young. I will make sure he knows this and oversee the training personally," Romano jumped in to salvage the damage his idiot son caused. "Rest assured, the losses will be paid off and dealt with," he hated to pay off for his son's mistakes, but he would rather spend money than lose his son's head. He was an imbecile to think he could be careless and lose Zyler's stuff.