Imagine: Boy Best Friend

~Y/N's POV~

The bell finally rings for class to end for lunch. I had 3rd period with h/n so we just go upstairs to our lockers and then eat and do whatever for the rest of the hour.

We were just having a normal conversation, for what was normal for us, and started walking up the stairs.

"I'm telling you, Zac Efron and Liam Hemsworth are the same person! They were literally written by Zeus. See, because nobody looks like that." I say while slowly making my way up the steps.

"Okay, but you could say the same about the Olsen sisters and Bella Hadid. Do you see the structure?" He ponders while slowing down. I notice he's walking so I can walk in front of him.

"H/n, what are you doing bruh?" 

"Don't bruh me, first of all, and second of all, I'm covering for you. You're welcome." He says and looks behind him to see a couple guys walking up the stairs.

"So you're protecting me getting glances at the behind by allowing yourself to glance at my behind?"

"Indeed." I can hear the smirk in his voice. "Plus, I'm not looking."

I turn my head to see he in fact isn't looking. He's not even level with my bottom enough to look at it. His whole body is shielding mine.

"Why do you care if I get glances, hm?" We make it up the stairs and my locker is right there. I begin to put in my combination while awaiting his response. He scratches the back of his head but doesn't advert his gaze.

"Don't ask questions unless you truly want the answer." Is all he said. "Okay then." I say.

Weird.

We make a trip to his locker down the hall from me. This is actually how we met. His locker is kind of by mine and I had trouble opening mine so he helped me. We just started hanging out after that and now he's my best friend, my one and only friend at this school.

Truth be told though...I like him. A lot.

I would never make a move on him, not first. I couldn't risk it. I value our friendship too much.

We begin to walk downstairs when I feel a presence behind me again, similar to h/n a couple minutes ago on the stairs. I feel a chest hit my back and I gasp and turn around to see him. I blushed, but I do a good job at hiding it. As always.

"Please walk faster, it's getting hard keeping a distance." He said in a suggestive tone. "You're not." I practically whisper. He chuckles and gently uses my shoulders to guide me through the steps quicker.

"Wanna go to the gym?"

The gym is where we go to be productive after eating but sometimes we just sit on the bleachers and talk.

"Can we go to that little spot I showed you?" I asked with much noticeable excitement.

"Duh."

"Yes! Race you there!" I began running and in 2 seconds, I'm lifted off the floor and soaring in the air. I wrap my arms around h/n in a tight hold to keep from falling. He ran all the way to the gym with me in his arms then sat me on my feet.

I took a look around before turning to look at him. He rose a brow, and I grab his hand and lead him to a corner near the end of the bleachers. I laugh to myself as I feel him nearly trip behind me. I let go of his hand and sit in my spot.

"You're like a child." He sits next to me, his leg over mine. "Maybe I am one." I cross my arms and glare at him. He just gave me a small, sarcastic smile.

That made my heart race extremely. He has possibly the prettiest smile I've ever seen. Perfect teeth and lips combo works well together.

He looks past the bleachers, I'm assuming to watch people play their variety of sports games. He rests his hand on my furthest thigh and I feel butterflies. His jawline and side profile are beautiful. He doesn't even realize how admirable his face is. I'm dazing while tracing his features with my eyes. When I leave my daze, his face is an inch away from mine.

"What you doin', Y/n?" He smugly says.

"Nothing, go away." I lightly tap his cheek to move his face to the side and cross my arms and look the other direction. He chuckles for probably the 100th time in the past 10 minutes.

He uses his hand on my chin to turn my head and look at him. I blush, but I worry that it's noticeable this time.

It was.

"Y/n L/n, are you blushing right now?" he taunts.

I look him dead in the eyes and lie. "No."

"Yeahhh you are," he extends his words in a baby voice. "How cute."

"Stop it." Now I really do sound like a child.

"Stop what? All I'm doing is stating an observation."

"It's not my fault-"

"Is it mine?"

I still. "Don't get ahead of yourself."

"You didn't say no." He smirks.

I roll my eyes, getting annoyed. "Look h/n, I don't know what you're talking about, or what y-" I'm cut off by his lips on mine. I'm shocked at first, so my eyes are open. Then I realize I should savor the moment and close mine as well. He pulls away after about 20 seconds and looks into my eyes.

"If I wasn't sure if it was me then, I certainly know now." His nose brushed mine. I'm flustered and try to get out of his hold but at the same time don't want to. I'm comfortable here and he knows that.

"So?" I stop struggling and look at him.

" 'so' what?"

"So, tell me. Everything. What'd you think about my kiss, do you wanna be my girlfriend..."

My mouth dropped. Only until that turned into a wide grin. I kissed him quick, but hard and deepened it. "I'm your girlfriend now." I mumbled against his lips.

"Perfect." He said, smiling into the kiss.

____________________________________

This is kinda messy but I kinda like it.

I was half asleep writing this so I'll edit it if needed later.