4. Destructible

Enid Sinclair

To be honest with myself, I am beginning to get comfortable in the Addams family household. After the game of Uno yesterday, Pugsley gave me a tour around the house. It wasn't as modern or plain as my own home. The furniture, decorations, and color adds creativity to the structure. If I could, I would like to build my house and paint everything pink with colorful interior additions. But it all depends on what's going on between mine and Wednesday's future.

The funny thing is that Wednesday is doing just that. The next day, I was making a sandwich for lunch with Lurch and wanted to ask whether Wednesday or Pugsley would like one. I found Pugsley playing Uno for the millionth time with Thing. I swear those two are very addicted to the game. I offered the boy a sandwich, but he told me he wanted it later. I asked if he knew where Wednesday was, to which he replied that she's in her room.

I left the living room and went to the staircase that led me to Wednesday's room. The door was completely closed which was normal. I did a small, light knock on the door, waited for a few seconds, then opened it. Behind the door was Wednesday sitting criss-crossed on the floor with eyes closed and candles surrounding her in a circle. She was holding up a necklace that had Wednesday's first initial engraved on it.

Right in front of her was a big landscape of paper that had the word Goody written on it. I must have ruined the moment for the goth girl because she opened her eyes to frown at me. She put her hand down with the necklace and stayed still.

"What an unwanted surprise. What brought you here to disturb me?"

"I came into your room to ask if you wanted a sandwich for lunch. My guess is that now is not the time," I implied with awareness.

"Your guess is correct. I have to start over with the ritual," Wednesday puffed out.

"What exactly are you doing?" I leaned into the doorframe with folded arms.

"Summoning my ancestor, Goody Addams. I am trying to reach her to see what my future will look like. Without Goody, my psychic powers are of no use," Addams glanced up to me.

"I never knew you were a psychic. Can you predict my future? I bet I'm going to be the bestest wife you'll ever have," I jokingly claimed with my head all high and mighty.

"I wish not. If Goody doesn't want to be summoned, I will be grabbing Pugsley to shoot my father's rocket launcher into the sky. You, on the other hand, can hide like a scared pup you are," the psychic commented.

"Nope. I rather watch and learn. If I'm going to be a part of this family, I should at least know how things work around here between you guys," I said to the goth girl.

"I would say good luck, but it's a matter of time until you will run away from how exotic my family and I are. Beware Enid. You don't stand a chance handling what we do," Wednesday went ahead and turned off the candles with her thumb and index finger, one by one.

"Don't worry about little ol' me. I got this in the bag," I smirked confidently.

I lied. As soon as Wednesday found Pugsley and brought us to a giant shed with multiple weapons against the walls, I was in complete shock. The Addams family had almost every weapon on earth. This is pretty much an armory room belonging to the family.

I found Pugsley's face to be mesmerized by each tool being displayed like a child in a candy store. Wednesday obviously didn't show a sign of emotion as she searched for the one weapon the raven wanted to claim. Lo and behold, the shiniest bazooka I will ever see hanging on the wall in front of us. It even had a glass case over it.

"There's no way we are using that thing," I pointed at it.

"We are definitely using it. It's pretty fun to shoot it. We have targets that my mom and dad set up by the small hill next to us," Wednesday's brother declared.