12. Devotion

"Today will be the day I tell Wednesday that I love her," Enid whispered to herself.

The palm of her hands laid flat on the bathroom counter while she intently stared at herself through the reflection of the mirror. The beast needed time alone in the restroom to register the most nerve wracking moment she's about to undertake.

Sinclair thought about every scenario that may happen when she finally pours her heart out. The blonde is aware that no matter what Wednesday's unknown feelings are, Enid will support and accept her response to the confession. The consequences will either damage or restore her heart. Whatever it may be, the risk is worth taking.

"First things first, I must prepare everything before she shows up," Enid straightened her body as she exhaled deeply.

She took one last glance of her reflection before switching the lights off of the bathroom and exited. The she-wolf is the only individual in the house. Everyone had left the mansion to provide some given time for Enid to arrange her date with the raven. Morticia and Gomez heard about the special occurrence from the wolf last night before they went to bed.

The couple was instructed to take Wednesday on a short trip to the city while the beast set up in the manor. Pugsley and Thing tagged along with them as Lurch drove their vehicle. The psychic found the idea suspicious since the colorful woman was not invited to join them. Her parents made a lie saying that they wanted to spend quality time with just the Addams family.

Of course, Enid went through with the falsehood and convinced the small Addams that she'll be fine without company. It wasn't solely because Wednesday did not want to leave her behind. For the most part, the dark-humored girl dreads the Hyde will come out of its hiding spot and attack the therianthrope after the Addams family leaves.

Enid assured her that she can shift whenever something strange is going on in or out of the residence and defend herself. Even the eldest couple persuaded their daughter that the bright female can manage being solo. Ultimately, Wednesday backed down from feeling bothered and traveled with her parents away from their home.

Around two hours are left on the clock before Wednesday is dropped off in front of the estate. The rest of the family members will be having dinner at a restaurant while the girls have solitude together. As the whole household is out in the city, Enid was multitasking at a steady pace.

She gathered her props she ordered online and had it delivered at the new address to decorate the dining room. During the process, the blue eyed creature was making dinner and baking at the same time. Occasionally, Enid would take a quick break before continuing her mission on designing her rendezvous.

Learning the things the emotionless woman finds satisfying helped the werewolf massively. She remembers every single detail of what Wednesday is into which makes Enid become creative. With the decor she purchased for one-day delivery, she can put it to use and make the date outstanding for the stubborn girl. It will show Wednesday that Enid took her interests seriously rather than throwing out random ideas to make her happy.

The lists the lycan's friends, Pugsley, and Thing wrote on the paper is what she will follow through. The first step is to have dinner and dessert with spooky additions around the dining room. Enid planned to make the foyer and living room covered with accessories as if she is planning to propose to Wednesday.

The she-wolf constantly checked the time on her phone to determine how much time she had left. The meal and pastry has been made, and the decorations are in place. The last thing Enid must do before her crush arrives is to make herself presentable. Taking off the apron and hanging it up on a hook in the kitchen, she jogged upstairs to Wednesday's room.