15. Vow to You

Enid Sinclair

After wolfing out on my own at age sixteen, I thought to myself, what's the whole point of being a werewolf if I'm not going to protect someone other than myself with the abilities I have? But that question was answered for me. Never have I ever felt the strong urge to keep someone safe until I met Wednesday and her family.

They taught me so much about what it's like to be an Addams. No matter how different their lifestyles are, they won't change anything about themselves. As a cheerful and multicolored wolf shifter, the Addams accepted me for who I am. That is what I love about them and will do anything in my power to look after the family, even if it costs my life.

Tyler and I stared down at one another like small preys in the woods. My adrenaline was running high and overflowing with resentment for the Hyde man. After critically injuring Wednesday, there was no way I would let him live. All I could see is red from the rage I'm feeling currently. Without wasting any second, we pounced at each other.

My opponent had his claws raised to strike. Before he was able to land a hit, I opened my mouth and bit down Tyler's slim arm he had in the air with all my might. The monster cried in pain before I unlatched my sharp teeth. I then head butted the ugly beast by the stomach and slammed him against a tree, causing the bark to crack.

I wanted to rip his neck but missed as he moved out of the way quickly. Without enough time to react, Galpin pushed me to the ground as we rolled around, trying to add damage to our tough bodies. His nails dug into my skin while trying to bite any areas open of my werewolf. I prevented him from doing so by kicking and using my front paws to swipe his face.

Thanks to my kicks, I got on all fours and took some steps away from the Hyde. I growled deeply while having some strength left with scratches scattered around my furry figure. Noticing Tyler easily rising up from the ground, he didn't sustain major wounds. It didn't worry me because I'm prepared to take his life away from this world.

I jumped right on top of his back once he got up from our little wrestling match. My razor nails extended as much as I could to drag them from top to the bottom of the Hyde's back. It left a deep laceration which made the barista boy roar at the sky. I was about to unattach my claws when Tyler reached me from behind. He grabbed my wrists and flung me to the dirt with my back facing down.

I gritted my teeth from the impact of my anatomy landing on a solid surface. However, something much worse resulted in me howling out of agony. I did not have enough time to dodge Galpin's claw gashing my old scars. It stung terribly to the point when I couldn't keep my left eye open. My own blood poured and dripped down my face relentlessly.

No matter how much I wanted to defend myself from my enemy, I wasn't capable. The pain was so excruciating, it reminded me of the day my mother clawed my face. That's a memory I thought of while in pain. To rub salt on the wound, Tyler picked me up by the throat and began strangling me pinned against a tree.

Briskly, I felt the oxygen slowly leaving my body while struggling to fight off the monster. My head throbbed from the loss of blood and not getting any air to breathe in. I tried piercing my nails into the Hyde's epidermis, but it didn't help me in the situation I'm in. At this moment, this is what happened in Wednesday's vision.

I'm being choked to death by the hairless beast we tried searching for. His arm is being lifted, claw's outstretched. My eyes were becoming blurry and teary. No matter how numb I was beginning to feel, I am not ready to die anytime sooner. I have a whole life ahead of me and a new chapter to start. Now that I am with Wednesday, there's so much to do together. I know she is fighting to stay alive, and so should I.