11. Four Visitors

Enid Sinclair

I can't believe it has been two months ever since I stayed with the Addams family. I first thought the family was super weird and that I wouldn't fit in because of how opposite we are. Everything changed after many weeks of sticking around and getting insight into their daily lives. It's not difficult for me to say, but I am so much more carefree with them rather than my parents. They're special to me.

Apart from the spooky group, Gomez and Morticia have brought up a family member of theirs that I haven't heard of. Fester Addams is Gomez's brother, who is Wednesday and Pugsley's uncle. They talked about how he loves to commit crimes, mostly robbery, and is planning to visit tomorrow. Although Fester is a criminal, I'm excited to see him.

Another topic we discussed is Wednesday's upcoming birthday. Almost two weeks until she officially turns eighteen. I hoped we would get to celebrate it, however Morticia and Gomez had to break the news to me about their daughter not wanting to throw a party or commemorate it in any way, shape, or form. I will respect her wishes, though I would like to buy her a gift. I'm confident she'll be happy to receive one from me hopefully.

Besides Fester coming over to see his family and Wednesday's birthday is nearing, there's nothing else occurring in the month of October. Or so I thought.

"You're the gayest person I have met, yet my oblivious sister doesn't know you are in love with her."

"I'm trying my best Pugs."

"Clearly you're not."

Pugsley and I are shooting at targets outside with bows and arrows. Wednesday is typing out her novel, Thing is preparing lunch alone, and Morticia and Gomez left early in the morning for a meeting. The youngest Addams invited me to do archery and chit chat together.

"What else am I supposed to do?" I interrogated the boy.

"I don't know. I'm not a professional when it comes to romantic relationships nor have I ever experienced it myself personally. All I could think of is to admit your feelings for her," Pugsley shrugged his shoulders before preparing to release the long bolt.

"Do you understand how hard that is? It's one of the most nerve wracking things to do. I've been trying to send hints and take things slow, but it's eating me away. I just wanna claim her already," I complained.

"Then claim her. I bet Wednesday feels the same way," the teen advised as he let the arrow hit into the target.

"Another date would be a good idea. I'll need to make it extra special for Wens. Then, I can woman up and confess my feelings for her," I said while applying the arrow to the bow.

"I'm rooting for you Enid," Pugs grinned pridefully.

"Thanks!" I smiled back before unlatching the thin dart as it struck the middle of the target.

As I watched Pugsley go next and waited for my turn, I heard my phone ringing from the inside of my shorts pocket. I dropped the items on the ground before I dug in to grab my device and pulled it out to see the name Yoko Tanaka, my best friend, calling me through Facetime.

"My friend is calling me. Give me a second," I alerted Pugsley who gave me a quick thumbs up.

I clicked the green button to answer the call. The screen switched to Yoko facing straight at the camera, sitting on a couch with her head resting on her hand.

"Sup wolf woman. Your favorite bloodsucker called you," Yoko greeted as her noticeable fangs were shown.

"Hi Yoko! How are you?" I was filled with glee to see my friend.