6

Kai sustained a fever for a week.

During this time, Mother Nanaia was always worrying about him, taking personal care of him whenever she could, and letting the servants take over when she couldn't.

Kai was unable to attend the Academy's entrance ceremony at this time; so he'd have to make up for it at a later process.

Esmond looked at the lackies trailing behind him. They all wore the same school uniform as himself, a gray short sleeve shirt in the style of a sailor uniform with gray shorts; all in plaids, while buckles kept up the black thigh-high stockings. He wasn't a fan of the uniform, but at least he looked good in it.

"Your Highness, I heard you already mastered your aura! As expected of his Highness, he's the best!"

"He's the most handsome as well; none of his other brothers and sister matches his handsomeness!"

Esmond frowned at the rainbow farts these kids were spewing. It was annoying how much they talked, like parrots that don't know when to shut up.

Esmond displayed his unhappiness on his face without disguise.

If Kai were here, he would've set a good example for how actually to praise him!

Thinking of Kai again, Esmond's mood worsened to a degree. The air around him got colder.

He visited Kai a few times during the week but Mother Nanaia always rushed him away. Why can't he spend more time with Kai? He surely misses me! It's been way too long since they've hung out.

Hasn't he gotten better already? It's been a week!

Esmond grumbled under his breath, ignoring the rainbow farts the crowd of kids behind him were blowing.

In class for basic theoretical magic, Esmond was bored flipping through some example sheets. He had long learned this subject before entering the academy, through his private tutoring lessons, but was put in this class for special 'reasons'.

Esmond knew it was just because his father couldn't stand him advancing further and surpassing him. That jealous old man should've been 6 feet beneath the dirt long ago, along with all the bastards he bore with his concubines.

Esmond flipped to the last page, which was a picture of an empty magic circle. Esmond narrowed his eyes, picked up the untouched pencil from his side, and started to complete it. One of the lackeys who sat beside him looked over in curiosity, his attention completely captured by Esmond's hand gestures.

The tip of the pencil glided across the course but flat surface; ancient characters appeared on the paper, glowing for a fraction of a second before falling silent after he finished the last stroke of each character. A gasp of amazement escaped the lackey's mouth, and his jaw was left agape.

After Esmond completed the magic circle, he breathed out a silent breath of cold air embedded with his aura. In the eyes of the untrained, in this case, most of the students were unable to see what Esmond had just done.

Except for what happened next.

In a flash of golden light, the magic circle came to life, and a small familiar figure appeared on the table. Though there was something different about it.

Esmond smiled, the previous sour mood turned back to sweet as he opened his palms, letting the small figure crawl onto his palms.

The lackey sitting beside him looked at the mini person that poofed out of thin air. Black hair and eyes like little black pearls, and pale skin that left a deep impression. Though the attire seemed a bit awkward...

A white bunny suit? The Lackey glanced at the prince who held a blissful expression. He turned back to the board silently. Is the prince already keeping a little pet for himself at home? He felt his back go cold.

Whoever it was, all he needed to do is suck up to the prince; just like his father asked him to, and he'll be given more playtime!