13

"Alkibiades was a large country situated on the continent of Tadhg, it was an empire and the longest living in the history of the continent; the continent was a peninsula, mostly surrounded by water with two other continents situated below them.

Towards the southwest of Tadhg was the continent of Nympha, where the war was currently and soon to end. Towards the southeast was Pomona, it's generally acknowledged to be the weakest of the 3 in military power but had the most flourishing economy out of all of them.

Pomona wasn't a peninsula but had a large body of water in the middle of their continent that expanded and stretched into the ocean in rivers and streams. Due to this geography, Pomona had great agricultural lands and their economy flourished mostly because of this fact.

Pomona was known for its natural beauty, and many visitors from other countries and continents will come to experience the beauty of this nation. But it's unfortunate, because of the recent war between Tadhg and Nympha, Pomona's resources have been extorted from both continents for the war and recently, the government of Pomona has declared to stop aiding the two continents in giving resources that may have potential in prolonging the war.

The war has lasted a little over 3 years now, after the sudden death of the Princess Bellona of Nestor, the strongest empire that was situated in the middle of Nympha's continent. The relationship between the two empires has always been strained, after years of conflict and war, before the war took place right now, the two had a rare century of peace.

The cause of Princess Bellona's death was ruled an assassination by Alkibaides, though they heavily denied such accusations. In the face of their biggest enemy, logic, and perception were taken out of the agenda and the two continents immediately went at each other's throats once again.

As a journalist spectating this war, I find this whole thing heavily suspicious. My number one suspect behind this whole was the demon-infested lands of Damocles,"

Kai turned the page of the book. The shaking of the wagon made his focus momentarily break. At the mention of the other continent, Damocles, Kai delved into his thoughts.

Damocles? That was where the villain came from, well that's what I could recall from my memories. Damocles... was just east of Pomona, where I'm currently going to.

Hah. 

Well, it shouldn't matter that much. Kai sat down on the open wagon, he looked up at the passing blue sky and turned back to the book. After all, all the important characters should be in Tadhg, there's no reason for me to bump into any of them here. Heroine, it's your time to act.

"The saint has been found?" A soft elderly voice sounded. The scepter in his hand gripped tightly.

"Yes, sir. But her physical condition isn't optimistic." The elderly man raised a brow at the other party. His thoughts didn't need to be voiced out as his curiosity was answered. "She was found buried alive on the outskirts of the city, near the borders of Pomona and Tadhg. I'm afraid if we came a little later, she would've been completely dead."

"What? Who would try and kill her? What is her identity?"

"It's nothing special, sir. As far as we could find, she was just an ordinary orphan and worked a normal job at a bakery. We couldn't find her original parents but we could infer that she had a warm relationship with the middle-aged couple who owned the bakery. And she would occasionally do volunteer work around the orphanage she grew up in. All in all, she was perfectly normal."

"Someone must've found out about the saint in her before us! Curse!" The elderly man slammed the scepter in his hand, creating a loud sound that rang in the large, empty hall.

"Yes..." The person didn't deny it, but his voice was tentative as he looked up at the elderly. "Sir, we found traces of demonic aura around the place of her burial."