26

In the empty space of time, where there was no light or darkness, Kai, or rather, Izel stood.

Staring blankly at his surroundings, and the world which he had destroyed.

It's gone. But...where was he? What was he going to do now?

Did that Saint lie to him? No, he couldn't have. But he could've.

"No, I wouldn't."

Kai turned around. Meeting an unfamiliar face, but the voice was familiar. The Saint. The person smiled and scratched his face.

"Have I really become unfamiliar?"

What? Can he read my thoughts?

"Izellie Porcel, or would you rather me call you Kai?"

Either is fine.

"...Okay, Izel." His lips turned upwards into a gentle smile. So soft and filled with kindness I've never seen before. It made me feel sour.

"You...what is your name?"

"As I've said before...I am a god...but my powers are only limited to here. Yes, I have created everything, but everything just means within this space." As he said those words, screens of images appeared all around us, flowing past us like a lazy stream. Those images look off, they...seemed, animated.

"Officially, what I am called by the people outside, is a system." The man smiled, the light gold hair around his face falling past his golden eyes. "My mission was to save you."

"I kept failing, and my incompetence has caused you immense torture.  I'm sorry." He reached his hand out to a panel, stopping the scene on it immediately. It was just like he said before, his demeanor towards these frames was like a god looking down at his creation. "I couldn't figure out how to get through the barrier of this...false world..."

"False world?" I interrupted him.

"Yes. A false world. A replica of one of my own, but I never created it personally. It just suddenly appeared, and you were in it. A real soul, not data that I created to mimic one."

"Too be honest, the first time I noticed you, I was extremely surprised yet impressed. Afterall, transmuting a real soul into a system is something that should be impossible. Yet somehow...a string of codes that I made on a whim managed to do such a feat." A saw a sense of pride on his face, but it quickly disappeared when he sighed.

"I shouldn't be talking about this. Izel? In 1 minute, you be back home." For some reason, my chest tightened uncomfortably at his words. I should be happy...shouldn't I? But what is home? I forgot...What am I going home to? It's all a mystery. I don't know it all. Can I even return now?

"Don't worry..." A warm palm rested against my head. I looked up at the man in white robes. "It'll be just like no time has passed at all."

"Even if you have trouble, the 'me' there will take care of you."

Author's corner:

Guys, should i make a second book to this? the sequel? cause trust me, the setting will be different. very.