Chapter one: reunion

It was like years ago your dearest friend had finally passed. Zane did all he could do to save the team not having a care in the world that he would have to put his life up for that. It left your heart broken, and it became harder for you to stay on the team since it reminded you of the event too much. So you moved away from the team and spent your life on your own from there on. You became better at fighting, you mastered your new element, and were able to finally move on.

One day, after just waking up you hear a soft knock at the door. As you placed your feet onto the hard floor you began finally start to wake up. Once at the door, you opened it to find the mailman. "Mail for Y/n, here ya' go," you raised one brow and quickly took it. "Good day!" You ignored the mailman and shut the door while keeping my gaze on the letter, checking where it was sent from.

It stated that it was from a Master Chen, like the restaurant. You then quickly tore the letter open hoping it was worth it.
"Y/n l/n, you have been invited to play in the tournament of elements, If you decline I am hoping to bargain with you. If you win this tournament then I may allow you to see your dear friend, Zane. No weapons. And come to the pier before midnight or else bare the pain of never seeing him again."

You turned shocked, Zane was alive? You then started to continue with your day and pack your stuff along with being excited on the inside. As it began to get closer to midnight, you started to head to the pier he was talking about. Once you had gotten there, you were met with a whole bunch of other people but none that were recognizable. While keeping your head low to draw no attention, someone had finally spoken up. "Everyone that is a participant of the Tournament of Elements may now board," A man yelled he had long black hair that was in a ponytail or bun, he had a mustache, and had a suspicious tone in his voice.

Everyone then began to form a line and one by one walked onto the boat. You had gotten onto the boat before mostly everyone and was able to claim a spot for yourself. Once the ship had started to sail you didn't have any more time to relax. "What is someone like you doing all by yourself?" You turned to the side that the voice came from to face a brown-haired boy with red glasses. "Trying to relax, but because of you, I can't," you didn't say the last part but mumbled it instead.

"That's no excuse! I'd think someone like you would be training or doing something smart or whatever!" He shared and laid opposite from me. "Something smart?" You had replied because of the confusion you had from him. "You seem to be that type of person," He stated while swinging his feet back and forth. "Are you trying to allie with me?" You knew he was trying to but you never know. "Pfft, I would never!" He scoffed and chuckled to himself.

Finally, he stopped talking but he went suspiciously quiet. Once you had turned to where he was, he was gone, and you sighed in relief. You then started to walk around the boat, noticing the people you would have to face in the future. As you were listening to music while walking around you accidentally bumped into someone.  "I'm sorry," You had stated in an instant before the person could say anything.

"Y/n?" After that, you realized that it sounded familiar. It was your dear friend Cole! Before you could do anything he had embraced you in a very long hug. "It is so good to see you again!" Cole exclaimed with a little bit of excitement in his voice. You noticed the four others, it was Lloyd, Jay, Kai, and Garmadon. "How has Nya been?" You asked Jay since she used to be your best friend before you left.

"She missed you a lot." He said smiling at you and you returned it. They then started to walk away to a separate area, Garmadon was talking to them about the other element masters. "Then, who is she?" Kai asked while his head and eyes pointed at a girl in an orange hoodie. She was leaning on the railing of the ship looking into the distance. "Most of these people I have not seen. But they will all be gunning for you, You are a ninja you serve with honor. Here, that means very little." Garmadon was trying to make a lesson and help us with future combat.

But you could focus once a guy had started to yank at the girl while saying something you couldn't translate. "Well, maybe honor means something to me." You were confused about what Kai said until he started to go up to the guy with metal hands. "It's ok, I can handle myself," The girl had stated but Kai ignored it and glared at the man instead. "This none of his business, Karlof cold. Karlof just wants her cloak." He had exclaimed while trying to resolve the situation but Anaí wouldn't let it go and continued to be the 'hero.' "You look like you got big enough mittens. Why not leave the gal alone." Kai had said with confidence and mocking him for having a metal fist.

Anything these said just made you cringe harder and harder. "These not mittens, these crush ninja." The metal man had threatened Kai and you noticed that the girl was just staring into the sea rather than walking away. "Save it for the tournament Kai," Garmadon had but we all know that Kai had ignored him. "Don't think Karlof afraid of you." Now you know his name is Karlof, probably just noticed that the dude talks in the third person. "No, you don't think much at all, do you?" Now that was just read, that was saying he was dumb.

Karlof then picked him up by the collar of his shirt making Kai gasp and switch from being tough to having his life flash before his eyes. "Just jump in whenever you feel like it!" Kai shouted making some of us start to think of what we should do. "I think Karlof is plenty smart to not start something he can't finish." Lloyd had said in an attempt to stop this nonsense. Karlof then dropped Kai pretending that he had softened but instead punches Kai to the other side of the boat aggressively. "Oops, Guess Karlof is not smart." He had said making all four of our blood boil for this and glaring at him intensely. But we were sadly stopped by Garmadon, "Kai started this, he can finish it."

We then all backed off and went to go see the fight. Once Kai had gotten up from his spot on the floor he started to throw fireballs at Karlof. But Karlof was not affected, instead, he had used his power and made himself fully metal and two times bigger making Kai gasp. Karlof then rushed towards him swinging punches left and right but luckily Kai was able to dodge. Kai then finally ran out of luck and got hit making him slam into the wall, and then thrown to the side of the boat they were just arguing at.

While Kai had rubbed his head as the impact was hurtful, he had seen Karlof start to come towards him in the air making him quickly stand up and dodge. But without Kai had gotten dragged to the end of the boat with nowhere to go but into the water. So Kai did the most reasonable thing, he quickly waited for Karlof to attack just for him to move out of the way for Karlof to fall. But that plan had backfired because next thing you know Kai was being dragged onto the lower floor.

The two had kept fighting and throwing punches until Karlof was ready to finish Kai when Clouse said something, "Enough!" That made me a little annoyed because it was funny seeing Kai getting beat up. But the girl he was fighting for came up to him but sadly whatever they talked about was indescribable.

And finally, we made it to our destination.

"Welcome to Chen's island!"