chapter 4

Amara's POV

I was whimpering in the corner of the room. The excruciating pain on my body did nothing to ease me.

It was dark and cold over here. My clothes were torn in several places because of the whipping.
My hand ached due to being stomped upon so many times.

Suddenly, i heard footsteps approaching me. My body trembled in fear.

The footsteps were getting closer and closer. Until it stopped. I raised my eyes to see a pair of shoes.

The person crouched in front of me.

My eyes widened and i gripped my arm in fear.

It was him. The person i thought would help me. The person i trusted.
He told me that he would help me.

I shook my head and whispered " No".
He smirked and brought his hand to my face to caress my cheek.

I felt disgusted. I tried to move away from him but he gripped my jaw forcefully.

" Oh sweetcheeks, suprised aren't ya?" He said, grinning. He whispered near my ear "let's have some fun, shall we?"

I fell from the bed with a thud. I held my head, groaning. Damn these floors! I laid on the floor with my back on it and wiped my tear streaked face with the sleeve of my pajama.

I sighed and got up from the floor and checked the clock to see that it was 3:25.

I pulled my hair in frustration. I wanted to sleep. But i couldn't. I didn't want to have another nightmare. I didn't want feel the pain anymore. I didn't want to remember my past anymore.

I went downstairs, like always, to eat something. It has become a habit of mine to wake up from a nightmare and eat something from the kitchen.

As i went to the kitchen, i saw a figure standing near the kitchen Island. I froze.

It's always been me over here at this time, alone. I wonder who it is. I slowly walked towards the figure. But it looks like i was the only one who thought that I was walking slowly because the person snapped his head towards me.

It was Antonio. He was wearing a tank top and shorts and held a cigerette between his index and middle finger.

He looked at me for about 10 seconds and then went back to smoking. I was kinda nervous to be around him, considering the fact that he didn't like me. But i was thirsty and wanted to drink something other than water.

I took a deep breath and went near the fridge. I opened it and took out some strawberries.

I always loved strawberries. They were sweet yet sour. Whenever I used to come back from school, there used to be a vendor standing near the school selling fruits. He was a man in his 50s.

I didn't have enough money so I couldn't afford anything other than 2 or 3 strawberries with the money i had collected by doing some work here and there. It wasn't that hard of a work as i was a minor, so the pay was also not much. So i used to cherish every single thing I had earned with hard work.

I took out some milk from the fridge along with the strawberries to make a smoothie. I mixed the strawberries and milk into the mixer jar and turned on the mixer.

After making the smoothie, i poured it in a glass and kept the leftovers in the fridge.

All the while as i was making the smoothie, Antonia had been standing there and watching me do it all with a neutral face.