chapter 12

The house was completely silent, apart from the eventual footsteps, it was silent.

Lorenzo and Matteo had returned back from Italy yesterday night. And they went back to their usual self. Workaholic self. But this time, they looked very hurried. As if they were preparing to leave to somewhere.

Lorenzo was sitting in his office room and attending call after call, talking about safety and security whereas Matteo went and told the boys of the news of their departure.

They were all leaving for Italy.

Antonio, luca and lucio were happy to be able to go back to their home. But they were confused as to why? Why now? Being kept in the dark had always angered them but they knew that Lorenzo and Matteo only did so to protect them.

All the while as they were planning to leave, sofia as usual was going to Amara's room to give her a pleasant morning to bring a smile on the beautiful girl's face. Sofia had been working for the Romano's for many years and knew that they were very good people. What she didn't like was that they treated Amara like shit.

Sofia had seen the sadness in the girl's eyes that often breaks Sofia's heart. She felt that Amara was a pool of mystery and it was extremely hard to get into it. Amara had built a wall around her and it doesn't look like she's going to bring it down any time soon.

She was a flower. A withering flower, hoping to be watered and caressed by fingers that actually cared for her. She had kept herself in a cacoon ever since she came into this mansion. Always trembling like a leaf under the powerful strain of the wind. And that wind was none other than her brothers.

Half brothers but yet brothers.

Sofia knocked on Amara's door but recieved no answer.

Having been through this mundane work, sofia knew that it took Amara few minutes to answer the door. So, like always, sofia opened her unlocked door only to find Amara not in her bed.

She was confused.

Amara was always on her bed whenever she came but not today.

She called out, assuming that she was in the bathroom,"Amara? Honey, don't you want to have breakfast? Its half past 10!come down or your brothers are going to gobble down whatever I have made! " she chuckled thinking about the romano boys' antics.

Hearing no reply from Amara, she went towards the bathroom door and knocked.

"Amara?"

She placed her palm on the door and listened closely.

No sound.

She was getting worried and her heart was beating wildly. She was feeling nervous for no reason. She twisted the knob on the door and surprisingly the door opened.

It was not locked.

She opened the door completely only to see a gut wrenching scene in front of her.

She screamed.

It was Amara.

She was in the shower. She was on the ground with her back against the wall. The water was still pouring from the shower head, soaking her floral pajamas.But the thing that horrored sofia was the blood that was flowing in the water that seeped through the floor. Her head lolled to the side and eyes closed.

"Oh my god! Amara!" Sofia rushed towards her and closed the tap. She looked down and found a slit on Amara's wrist. Her head was blank for a while,not knowing what to do. But she came to her senses quick enough to know that Amara was still bleeding from her wrists and the bleeding needed to be stopped. She quickly tore a piece of her dress and tied it around her cut.

Broken WingsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara