Chapter 2

The time to return to the revolution was approaching. They can't abandon their duties, even though they were working from a far distance. The revolutionaries needed their leader and the right-hand man. The marines were getting feisty and were trying to find what and where Dragon was, which to no doubt they were failing miserably. Dragon was even informed by Kuma, that cipher pol agents were searching desperately for him.

Luffy had already started walking or more like running. He was an energetic brat. Never getting tired of anything. Even Dragon and Ivankov sometimes couldn't keep up with the toddler. They have to wonder from where he gets that much energy. But they did have a rough idea. Even though the toddler was only a year old, he ate as much as a grown-up man would!

Luffy loves jumping, running, and playing around. He loves looking at new things with curiosity and awe-filled eyes. But above it all, he loves visiting the ocean and running through the shorelines, making Dragon and Ivankov keep an eye on the boy. The boy was a trouble magnet. If he was left unattended for even ten seconds, they would find him in trouble, always.

Once when Dragon was too busy with his work and Ivankov was sleeping, Luffy had crawled upstairs, giggling and babbling, where he found a snail and blabbered nonsense in it.

Later they found, that he had called some higher-ups, whose number he was able to manage to dial, and they considered that Luffy, the one who only could speak two-three words like Papa, Iva, and food, blabbered absolute shit to them, which was considered as classified high tech information, with highly coded language used by the revolutionaries. Dragon and Iva had laughed their asses off that day when they realized that the call had apparently connected to a cipher pol agent.

Though they did change their location after that, not taking their chances of their safe haven being identified. They did learn their lesson to never leave the kid alone after that.

And hence, another beautiful, and memorable year passed...

Luffy was running with his two small feet on the shoreline today. Dragon and Ivankov were there watching him carefully when they saw Luffy jump into the ocean. They both panicked. Being fruit users, denied both of them any movement in the ocean.

"Luffy!!" Dragon yelled at the top of his voice and ran towards the shore. Luffy resurfaced from the ocean, but he was sitting on top of a sea king, giggling happily and laughing hard. Dragon quickly picked the boy from the sea king, who bowed down, allowing Dragon to get a hold of the boy.

His heart was beating like crazy. He had thought that he had lost his baby boy forever in that small moment. The sea king seemed to smile at Luffy, which made Dragon feel amazed and a little confused. Luffy waved his little soft hand back at the sea king.

"Bye! Bye!!" The little kid said followed by a giggle and gummy smile. He could feel Ivankov startled. They have never seen anyone, much less a kid getting a ride on a sea king!! Hell someone would definitely have a screw loose in their heads to even think of that!

"L-Lu?" Dragon tried to gain the attention of the kid. "Don't jump in the ocean." Dragon hugged the boy tightly, afraid that he will again jump in. When they separated Luffy tilted his head sideways in confusion.

"Why?"

"It's dangerous!!" Dragon said, trying to contain his worry.

"Mom not dan-je-rus!" Luffy said with puffed cheeks. It took Dragon and Ivankov to register what the kid had said. Ivankov gulped, thinking what the heck even the boy was pointing at! Dragon's breath felt stuck in his throat. He took a deep breath.

"Lu, who is your Mom?" Dragon asked. He felt stupid for asking that question. But he knew that he had never told the kid anything about Mom. Because he himself wasn't sure. Ivankov looked at Dragon as if he had grown two heads.