Chapter 14

The next morning, Dragon was sitting near the injured boys, watching them sleep soundly. He was informed by Ivankov after yesterday's night that they would be near Shimotsuki village, to stock and would wait for him to return to Baltigo together. Dragon watched the kids' chests rising up and down. They looked too cute, limbs sprawled over each other. He felt tempted to click a picture, but his camera was not with him. He will get chances later on, but right now he needs to think.

He could clearly make a guess that Sabo's parents want him back, to have a good impression on the Celestial Dragons. And from what he had heard from Ace last night, he could clearly connect the dots and see that Ace was also in danger of letting his identity slip. If he didn't arrive yesterday to check on the boys, worse could have happen. He can't let the boys stay here. This place is no more safe for them. His Dad would surely give him a handful of scolding and lectures, but he was ready for it. He can't just leave these defenseless kids, not completely, all alone, to fend for themselves.

He wants to take the kids away from here. Far away. In Baltigo. Within his eyes, and his trusted people. They could learn many things in Baltigo and he could see and help them bring storms into the World. No doubt they will be the major figures in the New Era, which will dawn soon. Sabo had expressed his desire to become a revolutionary while Ace and Luffy wanted to be pirates. He was sure they would make their dreams come true. They would all fly with bright colors someday.

He saw the blonde groan and woke up. He blinked his eyes at Dragon and then smiled.

"Thank you for saving me and my brothers," Sabo gave a polite bow to him, "But I can't stay here. My parents will come again in search of me and if I don't return they will hurt Luffy and Ace and I don't want that."

"Shut up, 'Bo!" Ace said groggily and pulled Sabo down, making him collapse on the bed. Ace snuggled into him, his chin on his hair. It was the first time Ace was showing affection to Sabo, which made him shocked and unable to move at all and red till neck.

"What were you even thinking? Giving yourself up?" Ace spoke and pushed Sabo, making him sit up in the makeshift blankets, and glared at him. "I am the big brother and you are not going anywhere." Ace bonked Sabo on his head, "Don't even think about giving up your freedom for us."

"But Ace..." Sabo bit his lips, "They will find out then and I don't want to risk you both. You both are my treasures and I don't want to lose you both." Sabo's eyes got glossy and he looked at the ground. He didn't want to return to the hellhole, to his fake family, to all those tortures. He wanted to stay, stay with his brothers always, but he didn't want to risk them.

"How about the three of you come with me?" Dragon asked with a smile gracing his lips. He had got the perfect opportunity to get his son and new sons back. That way Sabo won't have to bargain his freedom for his brothers, Ace would be able to know some facts and Luffy wouldn't have to get any more upset on his departure.

Ace and Sabo titled their heads in confusion, "Why will you want that?" Ace asked, his hands crossed over his chest.

"Now, I can't leave my sons in danger, can I?" Dragon grinned at the duo, who looked shocked. "Brothers of my son are my sons too." Dragon saw Sabo look down, probably hiding his tears, which threatened to flow. They never had a proper family except for each other so this was expected. Ace glared at Dragon with no heat but thousands of questions revolved around his mind. He was a son of a demon, how can Dragon accept a son of a demon to live with him?

"You can get stronger and Sabo can become a revolutionary," Dragon said, his hands on his chin and a smirk on his lips.

"You can learn things about Marines, which will definitely help in your pirate careers," Dragon spoke, giving them plenty of reasons to consider his offer, "Learn to spy, which will again help you in the future and Haki." Dragon looked at Ace directly, "And you can learn more about the government's propaganda. I have things to show and give you."