Chapter 10

When they reached the end of the forest and entered a beach, they frowned not understanding a thing. Luffy ran to the waters and Ace felt himself trying to rescue the boy. He knew he was a devil fruit user and they sink in the waters. But he could care less. Moreover he was filled with rage at that moment.

Luffy ran to the waters and was soon cuddled by it, leaving Ace questioning if he was really a devil fruit user.

Luffy called them near and Ace walked with a frown and glare on his face, while Sabo was completely confused.

"Mama!!" Luffy pointed to the ocean. Ace felt that Luffy was joking and Sabo felt more confused.

"What the hell are you even saying?" Ace growled.

Luffy pouted and said clearly this time. He could hear his mom snicker. "My Mama is the ocean. Mama knows everything."

Ace and Sabo felt their eyes widening at that. They couldn't believe it. Luffy grinned and looked at Ace and Sabo.

"Mamma says thank you for helping me," Luffy chirped.

Ace and Sabo looked at each other. A wave suddenly enclosed upon them. They felt their aches in the bodies vanish and their wounds and cuts which they acquired from fighting vanish without a trace. That was enough proof required to know if the kid was lying or not.

"Say, Luffy," Sabo asked, his eyes still on the ocean. It now made sense why Luffy was able to stay afloat. "Aren't you a devil fruit user?"

Luffy pouted at that and mumbled, 'I don't like the name devil fruit at all.' Then he nodded.

"What is your fruit's name?" Sabo asked.

"It's Hito Hito no mi: Model Nika!!" Luffy chirped but soon realized what he had done. He clamped his hands on his mouth to avoid speaking. He did trust his new friends but Grandpa would scold him if he knew that he had spilled his secrets in one day.

Ace and Sabo looked questioningly at Luffy.

"I wasn't supposed to say that. Forget that, okat?" Luffy started to walk towards the hideout.

Ace and Sabo just shrugged it off.

On the way, they realized that Bluejam will hunt them more now and Sabo basically lives in the Gray Terminal, so it will be way too dangerous for him to stay there. Ace and Luffy suggested him to stay with them in Dadan's hideout.

.

After getting chased out of Gray Terminal, Ace's friend, Sabo came to live with them. Dadan had accepted the boy with not much difficulty.

Ace, Sabo, and Luffy. These boys fought the beasts in the mountains and the jungles, the punks from town, the villains of the dump, and the pirates in the cove, day and night, until their names were known even in the central city of the kingdom.

But during one dine and dash event, Sabo was caught by his father. They ran out of the High Town and Ace and Luffy confronted Sabo and asked him to spill out who the man was. Sabo told them that his biological father and mother were alive and that he was a noble.

Luffy and Ace picked their noses in the reaction and didn't care if he was noble or not. Then Sabo told them how he was treated as an object by his parents, how his wishes were neglected and trampled on. He told them how they forced him to behave and even when something wrong happened, they wouldn't care for him much. So, he had escaped from the cage, the Noble's house.

"Ace, Luffy," Sabo said fondly, "We have to make it out to sea someday!! We'll leave this country behind and gain our freedom!!" Sabo balled his fists, determination screaming from his body language, "I want to see the world in all its glory and write a book about all the things I find. If it's the sailing I'm studying for, then I don't care how hard I have to work! We've got to get stronger, and become real pirates!!!"