20 | family

"does she know we're coming?" zoe asked me as we walked out of my place.

"nope," i shook my head. "we need to stop by the store first so i can get her some flowers."

so today is maya's volleyball game and i'm bringing zoe with me cause i'm more likely to be looked at if i'm alone. but don't worry, i'm gonna wear a beanie and shades. y'all know me.

we stopped by the store and i picked up some flowers for my baby. we made it to the game and sat at the top section of the gym. we got there rather early to avoid a crowd.

"pssst," i called to lou as i saw her walk in.

lou looked up confused as fuck, trying to see where the noise came from.

"louanne!" i yelled.

she shot her head to me and i pulled my shades down for a second so she could see my face. her eyes got wide and she ran up to our seats.

"hey b!" she hugged me. "you must be zoe," she smiled as she hugged her. "nice to meet you."

"here these are for maya," i handed the flowers to lou. "can you give them to her before the game starts?"

"yeah yeah," she nodded. "wow i can't believe you actually came."

"oh cmon i wouldn't miss this," i claimed.

"yeah cause you know she'd beat your ass," lou laughed.

"whatever," i laughed. "okay go go."

"okay bye," she ran off, giggling.

maya's pov

we were in the locker room just talking and getting our minds right when i heard my name be called. i turned around to see my lou lou.

"oh hi honey," i smiled. "what's up?"

"delivery," she smirked as she handed me some pretty flowers.

"oh?" i rose my eyebrows.

"oh cute," remy said as she looked at the flowers. "lou you got these?"

"no they're not from me," lou smirked before walking out.

i blushed as i smelled the flowers. and sighed of happiness.

"must be nice," remy rose her eyebrows. "who are you talking to that got you those?"

"don't worry about it baby girl," i said as i stood up and put the flowers in my locker. "that's for me to know and you to not."

the game started and i still had those nerves but i tried shaking it off. at one point, i found myself looking through the crowd over and over again. i started to get really disappointed but then i looked up and saw a familiar shades and beanie combo.

i smiled and shook my head at billie in laughter. she then bit her lip and smirked at me as she sat in her chair with her legs spread.

it gets me every time.

zoe and i also waved at each other. but the game went on and we ended up winning so that was a great way to start our season off.

after the game was over, lots of students came rushing onto the gym floor in excitement. and during that chaos, someone suddenly came and hugged me tightly.

once the hug broke, i was looking in the face of arden. my eyes were wide considering the last time i saw her, we got into it with billie and it was pretty bad.

"congratulations maya you did so good!" she smiled.

"um thanks," i squinted as i backed away.

i then looked up at billie who now had that rbf. i knew she was pissed. i hope she knows that we don't communicate or anything.