27 | you dont wanna do that

really quick, least favorite billie song?

k, happy reading!

billie's pov -

"thank you thank you i love you all!" i said to the crowd as i finished my show.

(i'm sorry but this picture just makes me feel some type of way😭ok anyway)

i got in my car and got ready to drive straight to the restaurant where maya and her team were having their after- championship dinner where family could come.

i checked my phone to see any updates from maya. if i don't make a game, she usually texts me if they won or lost but i didn't get anything from her. so i just decided to call her as i pulled out of the parking lot of the stadium i performed at.

she didn't answer so i called again but this time, i facetimed her. the phone answered but it didn't look like a gym. it looked like the ceiling of a hospital.

"um hello?" i furrowed my eyebrows as i looked back and forth from the road to the phone.

"hey billie," lou said in distress as she put her face in the camera.

"what- hey" i said slowly. "where's maya?"

lou sighed. "billie."

"what? lou what?!" i kind of exclaimed in eagerness. "where is she?"

"a girl on the other team spiked the ball and it hit maya on the head pretty hard. she fell to the ground and went unconscious for a minute and now we're at the hospital," she explained.

"unconscious??" i exclaimed. "is she okay?"

"mhm," lou nodded. "she's in the room right now getting checkups by the nurse. her phone was in my purse so i came out in the hall to answer your call so she wouldn't be distracted."

"wait but-" i started as i made a turn to go to the hospital.  "she's always focused on the ball," i said. "she should not have gotten hit. what was going on?"

"b," lou shook her head.

"louanne what?" i asked eagerly with an attitude.

"christy was there."

"huh?!" i exclaimed with wide eyes. then i looked up at the road and quickly swerved as i was about to hit a car. "fuck."

"christy came to the game," lou said lowly. "i didn't know until maya got hit. i ran onto the court and so did christy. then i realized why maya was so distracted."

"ugh fuck!" i yelled, hitting my steering wheel. "i'll be there soon."

-

i pulled into the parking lot super quick. i rushed out and ran inside. "hey i need to see maya walters," i said to the desk lady as i was out of breath. "like now."