TWO

We are so much more than you let us
be.....

-perry poetry

THIRD PERSON'S POV

The sun rays tickled her face, providing her warmth in the middle of a chilly winter morning, but here she was standing, scrunching her nose towards the man who was holding on to his stubborn and defensive stance since last fifteen minutes, and now she was losing the bits of sanity watching the stubborn mule.

"Osama!!! How irritating you can be ?! Just tell me the limit you are going to torture me, because I am at my wits end." her voice faltered and she made it look like she was close to crying but the insolent, imprudent man was not even fazed by her.

If this would have been a normal situation he would have jumped into action and complied with her orders but now he couldn't.

Why would he ?!

All he saw was the clouds of storm hovering over his head promising destruction, death and misery....

"Of course! You would say that. Because you are not the one who is endangered. Meri jaan khatre mein hai and instead of sympathising with me, you are calling me irritating....." the childlike whine and wiping of the invisible tears was enough for Maria to roll her eyes at him and smack her head, regretting going with him.

(It is my life in danger...)

Of course! he would do that. Osama Ahwaan was incomplete without drama. It was like a breath of air without which he could not sustain.

"Maan gaya tumhari mohabbat ko, bewafa ho ek number ki." and he continued with his antics which Maria knew would last so long that it would drain all her energy and boy! He did not disappoint as he continued to vex her.

(I am in awe of your love, you are nothing but a big cheater.)

"Hmmm... To main bewafa hu ?!" questioning him she raised her eyebrow as if daring him to go against her and face the punch party he was going to be presented by his older brother.

(So, I am a cheater ?!)

It wasn't like she was going to bitch about him to Mustafa, but she would take a step back and stand quiet leaving him to deal alone with his brother, which was obviously a life risking situation to the jerk standing in front.

"h-haan...ho. You broke my little heart." he was courageous yet his voice faltered watching Maria smirk.

(Yes, you are.)

"Okay then. I am going in there alone and I won't interfere when Mustafa questions you for this!" passing a sly smile, she pointed him towards her injured knuckle which was bleeding and his breath hitched again for the umpteenth time.

Only If he was not dragging her in excitement to show her the Siberian cranes, the majestic migratory birds swimming and fishing in pond, she would not had stumbled down the rocky paved path... And when she fell down, all he could do was watch her cry.

He was horrified watching her knuckle bleed.... the fear of getting smacked by his brother grouped his heart, stilling him frozen in his place, knowing he won't be spared for sure.

That man did not tolerated even a small cut, then how would he react watching her bleed so deeply.

He would surely react like she had been murdered. So, it was necessary for him to convince his human shield and plead her to save him from the fury of his dragon brother.