TWELVE

Socha Bhi Na Tha....Zindagi Mein Aise Bhi Fasane Honge....

Rona Bhi Zaroori Hoga Or Aasu Bhi Chupaane Honge....

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

THIRD PERSON'S POV

The heaviness of the heart knocked over the whole body, weakening the whole system. Limbs felt heavy like something was pushing her down, trying to suffocate her to death.

She was trapped.

Terrified, she tried swaying her hands trying to move but she was stuck. It was as if she was a rock which had no life. Her lips wobbled and she tried screaming for help but nothing worked.

It felt like a dark endless abyss.

But a loud knock on the door disturbed her slumber and she opened her eyes with a jerk, hearing her name getting called. With a loud groan she sat up and rubbed her temples which were throbbing with immense pain but she was glad she was disturbed at least she did not have to bear the feeling of being trapped in that nightmare.

"Come down for breakfast, bacha. Everyone is waiting for you. Shabana has made your favourite aaloo ke parathe." Entering her room, tayi ammi passed her a small smile, sitting beside her. Her eyes held so much innocence. She was an exact copy of her parents, a blend of both of them.

"Are you fine ?" her smile lost all colours when she noticed Maria groaning with a pale face. It seemed like she was in pain. She immediately moved her hand to her forehead and hissed, finding it burning hot.

"Haye Allah! mera bacha aapko to bukhaar ho raha hai." Maria was no fool and her eyes turned misty watching her tayi ammi stand up with a frantic expression. The care and the concern she held for her made her adore her. She wasn't her mother and yet she was caring towards her like she was her own.

No you can't trust anyone... No one... She is his mother, not yours... No matter what they say, and at the end of the day, they will ask you to return the favors they did for you and your mother after your father died...

"I am fine. Don't worry. I'll just rest here." her words were soft, just a broken whisper. She wanted her to leave but her heart did not dare to speak a word and hurt her. So, she just passed a forced polite smile, eager for her exit.

"No, you are not. Wait here I'll bring your breakfast and medicine." tayi ammi shook her head, not ready to listen to her. "Don't get up from your place. I am coming back." warning her with a stern glance, she stood up to leave but turned back with Maria's voice.

"No! Wait. I am coming down and I'll have breakfast with you all." Mustafa would get another chance to taunt her and she did not want that she would never take any favour from his family and give him a chance to insult her. So, wearing her slippers, she got up hastily.

"No, you are not. You need rest. So stay here like a good daughter you are." Her steps halted when tayi ammi held her hand, stopping her. Maria knew she was genuinely concerned for her, but her heart was scarred. It was scared to give a chance to people close to him, after all she was his mother.

"Main mein theek hu Tayi Ammi. Don't worry. Also, I have to go to college to collect my certificates, so I have to get up anyway." even when I don't want to.

(I am fine.)

She protested, clearing her point. All she had left was her self respect and she did not want to crush it by not attending breakfast.