Part 7

ROSALIE

I wake to the midafternoon light and Bailey quietly climbing out of the bed.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to wake you. I'm just going to run to the bathroom."

She moves to the small bathroom connected to the room and closes the door quietly.

A few moments later there's a knock on the door and a nurse walks in.

"You have someone else here to see you. Are you up for that?"

"Sure." I nod sitting up taller.

She leaves and a few moments later Aiden walks in.

"Uh hi. Did you need to ask more questions?"

"I actually came to bring you something."

He pulls a wrapped package from behind his back and hands it to me sheepishly just as the door to the bathroom opens.

"Hey Aiden. I was just going to grab something to eat do you want anything?" She asks me eyeing the package in my hands.

"Whatever you get is great. Thanks Bailey."

"How about you Aiden?"

"I'm alright, thanks though."

Once she leaves, Aiden runs a hand through his hair and sits on the chair beside me.

"You didn't have to get me anything."

"I know, but I wanted to. Plus I think it will benefit more than just you."

I quickly unwrap the it, shocked to see the newest iPhone.

"This is way too much. You hardly know me."

"Maybe it's because my best friend is dating your best friend but I feel like I know you. I also wanted to let you know I resigned from your case so a new officer might come by to clear some things up if needed."

"I - thank you. I don't know what else to say."

"You don't have to say anything."

"So what happens now?" I ask.

"Now, you focus on getting better. Jake and I went through your house and pulled all the cameras. I think he wants Bailey to stay with him for awhile so it would be a good idea for you to get a hotel until she's ready to come back."

"Yeah I guess that's probably a good idea."

"Or you could stay with me if you'd rather."

I look at him in surprise. I'm shocked but also feel my heart warming. No one but Bailey, and I guess Jake by extension, has ever done anything to show me that they care about what happens to me. I guess that's not uncommon growing up bouncing between foster homes, never staying at the same school long enough to get close to anyone.

"Or not. Sorry just thought I'd suggest it."

"No I, I think I would actually feel safer staying with someone. Do you have an extra room?"

"I do. We can go grab your things once you're released."

"Ok. Yeah, that sounds good."

———

Three months later Bailey and I sell our housing contract. Aiden and I became official 2 week ago. He is the best person I could have asked for to help me through the nightmares and panic attacks that have become common after being attacked.

Everything was going well until my pregnancy started showing and I was no longer able to hide it by wearing baggy clothes.

I once again start feeling paranoid and Aiden installs additional security in his home when the first note shows up in the house.

His Little Flower (18+) (Completed)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें