Part 9

AIDEN

Rosalie has been missing for 3 weeks now.

I've been working nonstop trying to find her with no luck.

I still have been unable to find out how the notes were getting into our home. Now photos have started to show up.

The first showed her in the back of a car passed out. The second, in small concrete room about a week later.

Today I got home to a note on my doorstep with a photo of Rosalie covered in blood.

Fire station # 80, the only piece you'll ever get back of her.

As soon as I read it I jump back in my car and speed to the fire station. When I arrive I'm still in my uniform.

"That was quick, I just got off the phone with dispatch, they must have called you as soon as they knew what was going on." The receptionist says. "Come with me, I'll show you where she's at."

Confusion settles over me as I follow her down the hall. Suddenly I hear I small cry and one of the paramedics walks out of the room with a newborn baby girl in his arms.

I choke back a sob. I know this baby isn't my blood but I knew all along I would raise it as my own.

"Aiden, hey. She was dropped off earlier with a note of your name attached to her."

"Do you know who dropped her off?" I ask taking her from his arms.

"No, sorry, he had a mask on. We already alerted the appropriate channels. This was also left for you, and we got the go ahead to let you take her home with you for now." He hands me an envelope then waves goodbye.

"Thank you."

I sit down in the nearest chair, readjust the baby and open the envelope.

Aiden,
Please take care of my baby, you don't need to keep looking for me. I'm happy now, but I'm not ready to be a mother. I know you'll be a great dad. Maybe I'll see you again someday.
Rosilie

I let out a huff and how ridiculous this letter is. If anything it only confirms what I already know; That she didn't leave willingly.

First of all he spelled her name wrong, which is odd considering how obsessed he seems to be with her. Secondly, she had already started calling the baby ours not just hers and couldn't wait to be a mom even with how the baby was conceived.

I have no clue what to do with baby, especially a newborn so I carefully drive with her in my arms to Jake and Bailey's house.

When I arrive Bailey is just getting out of her car.

"Uh, Aiden? Why do you have a baby?"

"It's Rosie's."

"What? How? Did you find her? Where is she?"

"We still don't know where Rosalie is. Her baby was left at a fire station. I came to see if you could help me, I have no idea what to do with a baby." I laugh.

Bailey's eyes fill with tears. As she nods her head.

"Can I hold her?"

"Of course." I say handing her over.

"Hi little one. We'll take good care of you until your mommy gets back." She coos. "We're going to need to go shopping, I'll hold her, you drive?"