Part 16

Epilogue
Six years later

When D's body was finally discovered we finally had an actual name.

Dillon Sullivan moved into my hometown the first year of high school. We never actually had any classes together.

He was more of a loner. He had one friend who died our senior year of a drug overdose.

I believe it was that friend that who was responsible for starting Dillons obsession with me.

Kyle and I only went on a couple dates before I broke it off, he never did get over the rejection though.

The home I was held captive in belonged to Kyle's family, they moved out after his death. It didn't sell until the month after Dillon showed up at my house for the first time, well the first time I was aware of anyway.

———

"Ready to go?" Aiden asks.

"Just about, let me just put Oakley in his crib. Is Bailey with Laelynn and Lilian?"

"Yes, they are coloring in the kitchen."

I place Oakley in his crib and quietly shut the door behind me.
We still live in the same house. Aiden made the perfect nursery for Laelynn six years ago.

With just the change of a rug, sheets and blankets it easily took on a more boyish look for our third baby after the two girls outgrew it.

It was hard coming here at first knowing I missed my baby's first few months of life. Having the nursery done and it being so welcoming helped me feel more at home as I bonded with Lae.

Today is our five year wedding anniversary. Laelynn turned six two months ago, Lilian will be four next month and Ash will be six months in a couple weeks.

Bailey and Josh got married two years after we did and she's pregnant with their first baby. They now live on the next street over and we're all as close as ever.

"Bye girls have fun with Bailey we will see you tomorrow afternoon. You be good ok?" I kiss both their foreheads and Aiden follows right behind me.

Every year on our anniversary we go out to a nice dinner and find a hotel in the area to stay at for the night.

Aiden now works in the missing persons unit. About a year after I recovered from my injuries I took a job at small bakery in town where I still work part time.

Everything that happened brought me closer to Aiden, Bailey and Josh. None of us had families we were close to, so we became each others.

We've had our up and downs but overall I couldn't be any happier with how my life and relationships have turned out and I wouldn't change it.

Lae is the perfect big sister, she's outgoing and she has the kindest heart always wanting help those around her when they're feeling down.
I can see bit of Dillon in her features and while that's hard at times I wouldn't trade her for anything.

One day she'll know about him but not until she's much older. I don't ever want her to feel like she wasn't wanted.
Aiden doesn't treat her any different than Lilian or Ash and very few people know that he isn't her biological father.

Lilian is quieter than her sister but they get along better than I could have ever hoped for. Growing up alone I didn't know what their relationship would look like.

I can only hope Oakley will get along with them just as well and who knows? Maybe we will have one be more kid down the road, but for now life is good and I love my little family more than they'll ever know.