Chapter 1

'It seems I have died.'

"Vivienne," a man with long black hair and dark eyes cheerfully shook a cute teddy bear. His pale complexion emphasized the dark circles under his eyes.

A horrified cry escaped Vivienne's lips upon witnessing her father's sickly appearance.

"Oh no! Don't cry, sweetheart. It's your papa!" Despite his best efforts, the man's feeble attempt at a smile was marred by his menacingly sharp teeth, intensifying the unease he evoked.

'Is this truly my father? Why does he appear so gravely ill?' Vivienne endeavored to steady her racing heart while her father earnestly tried to elicit a smile from her.

"Honey, it's time for you to rest. Our daughter is scared by how sick you look," a woman with fiery red hair and eyes said, appearing behind her husband. If her husband already appeared utterly depleted, she seemed on the verge of exhaustion herself. The dark bags under her eyes surpassed her husband's; her complexion had grown ghastly pale. "Vivienne, my dear, you must be hungry. Mama has brought you some nourishing milk."

The sight of her mother only served to renew Vivienne's tearful outburst.

'ARGGG! My mom looks even more terrifying. It's like my parents could be the villains in an Isekai novel. Does that mean I'm destined to be the future villainess?' Vivienne's eyes were already puffy from crying so much.

"Duke and Duchess Ravenswood, I strongly advise that you retire to your chambers. Vivienne, your daughter, desires to witness her parents rejuvenated. Kindly permit our devoted servants to care for the young miss while you both indulge in much-needed rest," the butler interjected with a soothing tone, exuding concern, and reassurance.

Reluctantly, the two parents left the bassinet while the butler began instructing the maids on caring for the entire family. With everyone occupied, Vivienne found herself alone, finally able to contemplate her predicament.

'Time to gather my thoughts and make sense of this new reality.'

'Firstly, when I think back to my old life, I realize I died because I didn't eat enough. I was so tired that day that I didn't even bother getting food delivered. Honestly, I don't feel connected to that old life. I grew up in a big family with parents who didn't pay much attention to me, and I had siblings who always wanted the spotlight. I decided to live on my own when I turned 18, but I didn't take care of myself properly, and that's why I died when I was 22. But thinking about the past won't help me in this new life. I need to let go and focus on what's happening now.'

'Secondly, I find myself transmigrated into a medieval fantasy world, similar to the stories I used to enjoy. But here's the problem: I don't know which specific story I'm in. You see, I have a habit of giving up on books early if I don't like them. So, I don't remember the details well. The characters and plots all start to blend together. It's frustrating because I don't have a great memory like others who have been transported into stories. But I'll have to rely on familiar patterns, clichéd events, and predictable storylines to survive in this new world.'

'Thirdly, considering how my parents look, there's a chance I might end up as the villainess in this story, as I seem to have inherited their intimidating appearance, which could lead to my own downfall. However, as long as I avoid being mean to the female lead and resist falling in love with the male lead, I should be able to live a pleasant life.'

'Fourthly, it's essential to determine if I possess any magical abilities or if there's a gaming system at play here. Let's see... STATUS WINDOW!'

...

'Err... Nothing happened. It seems this world doesn't operate on a gaming system. As for magic...'

Vivienne struggled to lift her head, attempting to survey her surroundings, but her limited motor skills as a baby presented a significant obstacle.