Chapter 8

Plan 1 - Education of Lady Silverwood: Led by Secretary Vivienne

"Dancing lessons, etiquette training, language classes, mathematics instruction, agricultural studies, economics seminars, political education, and historical studies," Vivienne mentally listed various subjects. Each one held vital importance in shaping Lady Silverwood's skills and knowledge.

"Lady Silverwood, lift your gaze and maintain good posture. You're off by one beat," the instructor's stern voice persisted while Ava exerted her utmost effort to catch up.

Vivienne closely monitored the progress, hoping for continual improvement. She also made sure to keep a watchful eye on the instructor, ensuring that the female lead wasn't subjected to mistreatment or unfair treatment during the lessons.

Unbeknownst to Vivienne, the instructor found themselves sweating profusely under her piercing gaze. The intensity of Vivienne's penetrating stare made it clear that any mistreatment of the female lead would not be tolerated. The instructor, overwhelmed with nerves, became even more conscientious and cautious in their approach, ensuring they treated the female lead with utmost respect and fairness.

"That will be all for today. Lady Silverwood, I recommend taking some time to rest and rejuvenate, ensuring you have enough energy for our next class. Remember, proper rest is essential, and don't push yourself too hard," the instructor advised. As Ava took a break to rest, Vivienne approached the instructor.

The instructor was taken aback by Vivienne's approach, attempting to hide their trembling nerves.

"Is there anything I can assist you with, Secretary Ravenswood?" the instructor inquired, struggling to maintain a composed facade.

"Provide me with an update on her progress," Vivienne requested.

The instructor replied, attempting to offer reassurance, "She is an exceptional student and is making excellent progress. I believe she will be ready within one month."

Vivienne let out a sigh of relief, comforted by the news. 'At least she won't embarrass herself during her coming-of-age ceremony. Dancing holds great significance in this world,' she thought to herself.

The instructor misunderstood Vivienne's sigh and assumed it was a sign of disappointment, causing panic to well up within him.

"Keep up the excellent work," Vivienne reassured the instructor before departing, her intention being to check on Ava's well-being.

The instructor breathed a sigh of relief, realizing his mistake, and swiftly retreated, grateful to have escaped the perceived disapproval.

"Lady Silverwood, are you feeling alright? Your next class is the history lesson," Vivienne inquired, offering a refreshing drink to Ava.

"Yes, I'm fine. Please lead the way," Ava replied.

Vivienne couldn't help but feel a sense of sympathy for Ava, but she was determined to support her to the best of her abilities.

Plan 2 - Discovering Lady Silverwood's strengths: Led by Secretary Milo

'Fortunately, it appears that Lady Silverwood possesses a sharp intellect. We might be able to impress His Majesty within one month. However, I sense that we shouldn't push Lady Silverwood too hard,' Milo pondered to himself while observing Lady Silverwood confidently answering questions. 'She deserves a well-deserved break,' he thought, acknowledging the need for some rest.

Milo discreetly signaled to the teacher, indicating that it was time to conclude the day's lesson.

"That will be all for today, Lady Silverwood," the teacher announced.