Chapter 7

"I cannot accept Lady Silverwood as the Crown Princess," declared His Majesty.

'Well, this is both surprising and not surprising at the same time. Now that I think about it, I've never really known how the main male character convinced his parents to accept the main female character. I guess I'll have to go along with it and see how things unfold,' Vivienne pondered.

The Crown Prince appeared visibly agitated while Milo and Vivienne sat in silence.

"She is the illegitimate daughter of the late Earl Silverwood and, therefore, no different from a commoner, as she has no claim to her father's fortune and title," explained His Majesty.

'Ah, yes! The role of being an illegitimate daughter serves as a hurdle for the main character to overcome. From the crown prince's reaction, it appears that Milo and I will have to face and conquer this challenge.' Vivienne contemplated.

As the crown prince's objection loomed on the horizon, Milo seized the moment and interjected with his strategic proposal.

"With her unique upbringing, we can garner substantial support from the commoners, who comprise most of the population. This strategic move can effectively quell any potential uprisings from the lower classes. Furthermore, we can address her educational shortcomings by enlisting devoted tutors who will personally guide her transformation into the epitome of a crown princess and future empress. Once Lady Silverwood's abilities significantly improve, we shall orchestrate a grand ball showcasing her newfound prowess. This spectacular event will leave the noble class with no alternative but to embrace her, as her talents and charm become undeniable."

His Majesty nodded; his conviction was evident. "Very well, then. I expect to witness the results of Lady Silverwood's abilities within one month. If, within that time, I find her lacking, I will consider other candidates who may be better suited. However, if Lady Silverwood demonstrates her potential, I will publicly announce her as the crown princess. Furthermore, I will grace her debut with my presence to showcase my unwavering support. Everyone is dismissed except for Secretary Ravenswood."

'So, this is the power of being a secretary,' Vivienne thought, looking at Milo with admiration, 'you can even persuade the Emperor.'

The room burst with a collective realization as the words of the Emperor's agreement settled in. As he departed, a sense of relief and satisfaction washed over the crown prince, his countenance radiating joy.

Milo glanced at Vivienne with concern etched on his face, gently whispering, "I'll be right outside. If you ever need assistance, knock on the door three times, and I'll come rushing in."

Without allowing Vivienne a chance to respond, Milo swiftly exited the room.

"Your Majesty, is there anything I can assist you with?" Vivienne inquired.

The Emperor's voice resonated, asking, "What are your thoughts on my son?"

Vivienne's mind raced, sensing a hidden agenda behind the inquiry. 'Why do I get the impression that he's attempting to arrange a match between me and the crown prince? Moreover, answering negatively could have dire consequences,' she pondered, carefully formulating a response to navigate the delicate situation.

Vivienne composed herself and replied, "His Highness possesses the potential to become a remarkable emperor, following in your esteemed footsteps."

"Hmmm... Is that so?" The Emperor mused, his eyes glinting with intrigue. "I must admit, I see great potential in you as his partner. With you by his side, I can envision my son ascending to greatness as an emperor."

Vivienne's heart skipped a beat as the Emperor's words sank in. She found herself momentarily stunned, struggling to process the unexpected revelation. The weight of the Emperor's assumption hung heavy in the air, intensifying the pressure upon her.