Chapter 3

'As expected of a prince in an Isekai novel, he's incredibly good-looking. It's a shame his personality doesn't match his appearance. When he was younger, I wasn't sure if he'd be the main male lead, but now I'm certain. I'll bet my life on it. My focus now is to avoid developing feelings for him and be kind to his love interest,' Vivienne thought to herself as she watched Alfred tidy up the area.

She then straightened herself and addressed the man before her with a polite curtsey, maintaining her composure despite her previous thoughts. "Greetings, Your Highness, Crown Prince. I am Vivienne Ravenswood, the daughter of Duke Lysander Ravenswood. It is an honor to have the opportunity to work alongside you," she introduced herself, projecting an air of confidence and grace that hid any trace of her earlier skepticism.

"Ump," the crown prince responded with a short, uninterested answer.

There was a brief silence as everyone stood, unsure of what to do next. Vivienne discreetly signaled to Alfred for assistance, but before he could respond, someone else interjected.

"Greetings, Lady Ravenswood. I am Milo Crestwell, the fourth son of Marquess Crestwell and currently His Majesty the Crown Prince's first secretary. You will be working as his second secretary," a man with brown hair and green eyes introduced himself.

'Oh wow, a male character with brown hair... I can't help but feel sorry for him. The female lead wouldn't even spare him a glance, even though he looks quite handsome despite his exhausted appearance. Poor guy, stuck with brown hair,' Vivienne thought when she saw Milo.

"It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Lord Crestwell. I look forward to working with you and hope to be of great assistance," Vivienne said, trying to sound optimistic.

Without warning, the crown prince tossed a piece of paper at Vivienne and abruptly left the room. Vivienne could feel her temper rising, but she managed to stay calm and glanced at the paper.

'Name: Ava Silverwood. Hair color: Pink. Eye color: Blue,' Vivienne read the contents of the paper. 'Must be the female lead. Wait... Is this all the information I'm given to find a person? This is the behavior of an unreasonable boss. No wonder Sir Milo is struggling to find her; there isn't even a picture. Ava could simply dye her hair brown and disappear into the crowd, provided she's cunning enough. And let's not forget her handy plot armor that ensures nobody finds her anytime soon until something dramatic happens,' she thought to herself, feeling a sense of frustration at the lack of details provided.

"Sir Crestwell, I entrust Lady Ravenswood to your care," Alfred stated as he left the room, leaving Milo and Vivienne alone.

"Lady Ravenswood, before we proceed, we will need you to review and sign an employment contract. Please take your time reading it carefully, and let me know if there are any parts that you do not understand," Milo explained, handing over a stack of papers to Vivienne.

As Vivienne skimmed through the contract, she discovered that it outlined various guidelines for employees of the royal family. She quickly noticed her work hours, from 6 am to 9 pm, and her schedule of six working days per week, with Wednesdays as her designated day off. Though she found the working hours demanding, she realized that it was to be expected considering the nature of her position as the crown prince's secretary.

Her attention then turned to the perks and benefits included in the contract. Vivienne discovered that she would receive complimentary meals during her stay in the palace, with the option to have them delivered to her room. Additionally, she would be provided with a free room, exempt from rental fees, and be assigned a personal maid. Moreover, the salary offered was quite substantial. Vivienne started to realize that these services and compensation helped balance the demanding nature of the job.