Chapter 9

'Today is an important day. We've planted all the seeds, and now we hope with all our might that it will work,' Vivienne thought.

At the moment, everyone is gathered in His Majesty's workroom. Only five people are present; we want to keep the event details as secret as possible. The two secretaries are standing, busily preparing snacks and drinks, while the other three are seated around the small round table.

The test had already begun, and the Emperor was scrutinizing every action taken by Ava. Silence filled the room, interrupted only by the three individuals enjoying snacks and drinks. Everyone refrained from speaking, waiting for the Emperor to break the silence.

"Lady Silverwood, could you please enlighten me about the shortcomings our country is presently facing?" the Emperor inquired.

'The first question is here! You've got this, Ava. Just as we've rehearsed,' Vivienne silently encouraged Ava.

"Presently, our medical care suffers from a shortage of qualified staff. Therefore, I believe it is crucial to address the shortcomings within our education system..." Ava began explaining.

As Ava spoke, the two secretaries remained rigid, visibly nervous. In contrast, the crown prince appeared delighted to hear Ava's insights on the kingdom's matters.

"I see; you've made an excellent point. I will consider this idea and discuss it with my assistant," the Emperor responded, visibly impressed. "You're aware of the four families that played a crucial role in forming our empire, correct? In your opinion, which family do you think is best suited to take charge of the education system?"

Ava contemplated the question, taking a small sip of tea and inadvertently raising her pinky, which immediately caught the attention of the two secretaries.

Vivienne's eyes widened as she recognized the signal, indicating Ava's uncertainty in formulating a response. She swiftly shifted her gaze to Milo, who was already engrossed in writing down a few words of guidance. Recognizing the urgency, Vivienne skillfully took charge, deftly pouring more tea into the cups of all three guests, expertly diverting their attention away from Ava's momentary hesitation.

"Would you care for a refill of tea, Your Majesty?" Vivienne politely inquired.

"Yes, please. I would appreciate some more," the Emperor replied, oblivious to any unusual occurrences.

After finishing writing, Milo raised the first paper, displaying the words "Ravenswood Family." He then revealed the second paper: "They specialize in administration." Finally, he presented the third paper, which mentioned their reputation for strict discipline. Observing the information on the papers, Ava swiftly comprehended and regained her confidence to respond.

"With utmost confidence, I believe that the Ravenswood Family is exceptionally suited to oversee the education system. Their renowned reputation for strict discipline ensures that attending students develop into law-abiding citizens. Additionally, given their involvement in administration, the Ravenswood Family possesses extensive knowledge about the current state of the empire. This knowledge equips them to design an appropriate curriculum that effectively educates the people," Ava expressed confidently.

The Emperor nodded, showing he agreed. They continued to exchange ideas, with Milo and Vivienne occasionally assisting Ava. The crown prince stayed quiet the entire time, making it easier for Milo and Vivienne to manage the discussion.

As the snacks dwindled, the Emperor decided to change the activity.

"Lady Silverwood, would you do me the honor of dancing with me?" the Emperor proposed.