Chapter 19

'I can't wait for the wedding, so I can finally leave this job,' Vivienne thought to herself as she followed the crown prince into the forest. 'It has been one week since Ava went off with the High Priest, and we've been searching everywhere for her.'

"Your Highness, we've been wandering through the forest for three hours already. I believe it would be wise to return and rest for now and then resume our search for Lady Silverwood later," Vivienne suggested, attempting to reason with the stubborn crown prince.

"I can sense that Ava is here. I'm certain of it," the crown prince declared with unwavering confidence, forging ahead without slowing down.

'That's what you said two hours ago,' Vivienne thought to herself, rolling her eyes at the crown prince's persistent stubbornness. 'Instead of exploring alternative solutions, we're trapped here, spending twelve hours a day searching for Ava. What a futile waste of time.'

Suddenly, a loud clap of thunder reverberated, capturing everyone's attention.

"Ava!" the crown prince exclaimed in a state of panic, sprinting after the source of the thunder. Vivienne and the guards were left behind, unable to match his swift pace.

'Drat. We've lost sight of the crown prince. We must attempt to trace the source of that thunder,' Vivienne thought to herself.

"Everyone, keep your eyes wide open. We must locate the crown prince once more," Vivienne commanded.

"There's no need for that," a voice resonated through the air, leaving everyone searching for its source.

"I'm up here," the voice declared, drawing the attention of all present.

As they looked up, they realized the voice had originated from none other than the High Priest himself.

'Oh my goodness. He appears like a deity descending from the heavens,' Vivienne thought, awe-struck, as the High Priest gracefully landed in front of the gathered crowd.

"We cannot leave His Highness unguarded," one of the guards spoke up. "We must locate him as quickly as possible."

"Goddess Ava has located your crown prince. She instructed me to guide you all out of the forest, so please follow my lead," the High Priest announced, fulfilling his role as per Goddess Ava's orders.

"Does this mean Lady Silverwood has succeeded in her training?" Vivienne inquired with curiosity.

"You must address her as Goddess Ava. As for your question, yes, she has indeed succeeded in her training," the High Priest responded in a snobbish tone, emphasizing the proper title for Ava.

"Will Goddess Ava's newfound power be capable of resolving the issue of the drought?" Vivienne asked.

"She will be able to resolve the drought problem by tomorrow," the High Priest answered.

"Why not today? It's still daytime," Vivienne inquired.

"HOW DARE YOU RUSH THE GODDESS! IT IS ALREADY A BLESSING FOR US TO WITNESS HER PRESENCE! MAKING HER WORK NOW IS ATROCIOUS! DO YOU HAVE NO SHAME!" the High Priest shouted at Vivienne.

"Apologies for my lack of manners," Vivienne apologized humbly.

'I am simply asking a question; there's no need for you to get so agitated,' Vivienne thought to herself, striving to conceal her annoyance and maintain a composed expression.

The remainder of the journey passed in silence, and upon their arrival, they found Ava and the crown prince already waiting for them.

"Thank you, Raphael, for safely guiding the others," Ava expressed her gratitude.