Chapter 5: Bonding

~
The next day at school, the group of eight were all doing things on their free time.

Val was in study hall sitting right next to Demo, who was trying to start a conversation with her. "Come on Val, I just want to get to know you better." "Maybe try doing this after? I need to focus on my work spike head." Demo looked at her with a shocked expression. "I've never seen a rock troll like you...that makes me want to get to know you more!" Val groaned, "Greatttt."

~

Holly walked through the school garden. She stopped and sat on a bench. "Well, aren't these the prettiest of flowers." "They sure are." Holly looked up startled, seeing Gust standing there, chewing on a wheat straw.

"My my Gust, you gave me a scare there," she said with her hand over her chest. "My apologies. Miss Holly." She watched him sit beside her. "Ya know, we could use some extra help around this here garden, if you're willing to help I could always help ya sign up—"

He was cut short by a bone crushing hug. "Thank you so much Gust!," unaware that she's painfully crushing him. "H-Holly—" he felt her squeeze tighter. "Sweet butter biscuits, she's like a cobra." He couldn't help but blush despite the pain, so he sat there in the painfully affectionate hug.

~

In the front of the school, Laguna was reading a history book while hanging upside down on an old tree. She adjusted her glasses, unaware of Synth flying towards her.

"Hey Laguna!," he exclaimed. "AH!" She screamed as her tail unwrapped from the branch. Before she could fall, she felt two arms catch her. Synth held her bridal style, his arms wrapped around her firmly. Laguna looked up at him as their eyes met.

"Are you ok? I shouldn't have scared you like that." His fin ears dropped down, feeling bad for what he did. She felt her cheeks heat up, "I'm ok, thank you for catching me Synth." He smiled and was about to say something, until Laguna leaned in and nuzzled him. She stopped and looked at him, giggling at his reaction. "I'll see you later Synth," she said as she slipped out of his arms. Synth sat there, his heart glowing and beating faster than ever.

~

"So, tell me, what made you want to move here?" Branch sat on the bench beside Poppy, who was eating ice cream. "I want to fulfill my dream of becoming a graphic designer, how about you?" "A songwriter, I'm doing pretty good so far." She smiles brightly at him, "I'll just have to listen to one of your songs one day." Poppy rested her head on his shoulder, and Branch's face immediately turned red at the gesture.

She looked at his face. "You look like you just seen me nude." "GAH! Don't make me imagine that!!" Poppy laughed at him, "I'm kidding Branchie." "Nicknames already?" He grinned at her. "Yep." They continued their playful banters, and all seemed well with the couples.

This feels rushed—