Chapter 12: Confessions

~
"So you finally decided to do it huh? I didn't think you had it in ya" Gust was walking with Branch to the front of the school.

Branch finally decided to confess to Poppy today. He didn't think he could love someone so much, and it's only been a month since she joined the school.

"Yeah, it's been on my mind for a while, I'm planning to sing her a song I wrote." He looked at the paper that contained the song.

Gust smiles and nodded, "Anything we can do to help?"

"I just need you guys to keep Poppy distracted while I get ready."

"You got it chief."

~

Poppy was trying to find Branch all day, but her friends didn't seem to know where he was.

She sighed sadly and walked off campus. It was the end of school and she was hoping to see him today.

Before she could enter her car, she heard a voice. "Hey Poppy."

She turned to see Branch with a bouquet of roses. "Branch? What's all this?"

"Oh you know, I just happened to stumble upon some flowers, and immediately thought of you." He smiled charmingly.

Poppy blushed at the gesture. "Aw Branch, you shouldn't have." She took the flowers and held them.

"I hope you don't mind following me, I have a little something for you."

She smiled and took his hand, and they made their way. Poppy was more curious when he had led her towards the forest.

~

Branch and Poppy arrived, and she gasped in awe. This part of the forest was a magical scenery, with innocent creatures and glowing trees that were lit by fireflies.

"This place is so beautiful Branch." She smiled and pet one of the creatures.

"Not as beautiful as you" He took her hands in his.

She blushed and looked at him with a shy smile. "You're so sweet Branch."

He led her through the glowing forest, with the creatures following behind.

The creatures started to harmonize and help with the start of the song. "I always thought I wouldn't need a girl in my life, now here you are Poppy, a special girl who can bring light into anyone's life."

Poppy looked at him lovingly and held her hand over her chest as he started to sing.

~
*Song Beginning*

For the way you changed my plans

(Branch looked at her, admiring how the light of the forest reflected off her.)

For being the perfect distraction

For the way, you took the idea that I had

Of everything that I wanted to have

(Poppy smiled dreamily at him.)

And made me see there was something missing, oh yeah

~
For the ending of my first beginning