Chapter 14: Prom Night Pt. 2

~
After the break the students had, they were allowed to go home early to get ready for prom.

Meanwhile, our four groups of two were saying goodbye to each other.

Holly said goodbye to Gust.

"I'll see you at the prom cowboy." Holly smiled and pecked his cheek.

"That seems a little forward of you Miss Holly." Gust watched her walk away.

She stopped and turned back to look at him. "I'd say it wasn't far enough."

His eyes widened as she continued to walk away.

"What a woman." He shook his head.

Demo said goodbye to Val.

"Oh come on Val, just a little smooch on the cheek until the prom?" He was being impatient and it drove her nuts.

She finally had enough and pulled him by the ear. "Demo, just because Poppy and Branch did it, doesn't mean WE have to!"

Val let go of his ear. "We're not together dork, but I'll show you pity." She gave him a quick kiss on the cheek.

Demo suddenly went stiff. He fell on the ground with a goofy grin on his face.

She shook her head and smiled, "What a dork."

Laguna said goodbye to Synth.

Laguna was standing under the big oak tree from last time. She wasn't feeling so sure about something.

Synth was beside her, trying to get her attention. "Laguna? Earth to Laguna?!" He snapped his fingers in her face.

She came out of her thoughts. "Oh, sorry Synth, I was just thinking hard about something."

"You? The smartest girl I've ever seen?" This made Laguna smile and blush.

She crossed her arms and looked down, "Yeah, I was thinking that maybe I shouldn't wear a dress to prom, it would probably look weird on me."

Synth pulled her to his side, making her look up. "I think you should go for it, and you would look beautiful in a dress."

She leaned against him, "You really think I will?"

He held her hand, "I know you will." She smiled and kissed his cheek.

"Thank you Synth, I'll see you soon." She lifted off the ground and flew away.

Synth felt his cheek and smiled.

Poppy said goodbye to Branch.

Poppy was awoken from her nap. She stretched out, "Is it time already?"

"The principal allowed us to go home early." He stood and helped her up.

She leaned against him, wanting to go back into her slumber. "You're gonna have to wake up Poppy." He held her up.

"I don't wanna." She buried her head into his chest.

Branch smiled as he had an idea. "Say Poppy, are you ticklish?"

Her eyes widened when she heard that word. "Branch, don't you dare." She started backing away as he started coming close.

He smiled as his idea worked. "You awake now?"

"Looks like I am now, and I should get going." Poppy smiled and came close to him.

"I'll see you later Branchie, and I'll have a little surprise for you at the prom." She gave him a hug and a quick kiss.

Branch hugged her back. "A surprise you say? That excites me even more." He broke the hug and watched her leave.

~

After what seemed like forever, the prom has finally started.

Outside of the gym, four boys were waiting on their dates in the same spots after leaving school.

"Demo would ya stop freaking out? You're gonna be fine." Gust was trying to calm the overthinking rock troll.

He was afraid of messing the whole thing up. "One mistake and it's all over for me! You know how serious she is!"

Gust shook his head, knowing there's no hope for Demo.

"Hello boys." The four looked up and saw their gorgeous dates.

Poppy wore the light blue, tiered skirt dress with the blue and purple ripples. She had her hair down in ripples of curls, topped off with her crown.

Holly wore a strapless and fluffy yellow dress. She added curls to her hair and had yellow jewelry to match the dress.

Val wore a dark purple tulle dress with a side slit. She had her hair down with a messy but curly ponytail.

Laguna wore a violet, long sleeved mermaid dress. Her hair was out of the ponytail holder and was decorated with shells.
~
Demo gulped as he saw Val coming towards him. She grinned at his face, "You're not nervous are you dork?

"No?" He chuckles nervously. Val shook her head and took his hand.

"Don't be a wimp, especially if you're going in here with me." She led him inside.
.
Holly was the next to come up. "Lookin good cowboy."

"Thank you Miss Holly, but I'd say you're looking mighty fine as well." Gust took her hand and led her inside.
.
Laguna came up next. "Hey Synth, how do I look?"

"You look amazing, just like I said you would." She blushed and felt herself being lifted.

He carried her in his arms, making her cling on. She laughed a little, "You don't have to carry me Synth."

"Gotta treat the ladies right." He flew off with her in his arms.
.
The best for last, Poppy came up.

Poppy walked up, "You look handsome tonight Branch, that blue really suits you."

"You look gorgeous, a goddess I should say." He took her hand and gave it a kiss.

She was flattered, "What a charming gentleman you are."

Branch gave her a wink, "You should treat a queen with respect." He gestured to the crown, not knowing the surprise he was in for.

~
Pt.3 Coming up soon.