*Abira*

I hurriedly woke up for fajar and prayed the first prayer of the day. I made Dua's to Allah(swh) to make all of our day extra beautiful and safe. After making my Dua's I recited a few pages of the Quran and did some quick exercises. I took my shower in less than 10 minutes. Now time to get ready for uni. I am studying medicine in oxford medical collage which is one of the best medical schools in the world. My family was so proud of me, and I am proud of myself for making them proud.

I grabbed a black abaya and a cream color oversized sweater on it. Then wrapped a jersey hijab around my head matching with the sweater. I swiftly went out of the room after picking my bag from the study table and closed the door behind me. While I was running down the stairs making my way to the dining table, someone hit my back from behind. I didn't need to turn my head to see who it was. " Mom!!! Gareth hit me. Where is baba?" I shouted because I knew that telling my mother was of no use. I sat on my chair which was placed besides baba's and started chocking on my sandwich n tried not to make eye contact with Gareth. Gareth was my only sibling who was 5 years older than me and was a CEO of a renowned company.

As soon as I saw baba climbing down the stairs, I prepared myself for whatever I am gonna say. "Assalamualaikum everybody" baba said while sitting beside me."Walaikumussalam" we answered. Thanks to Allah that my father took notice of my down face and asked" What happened, Sunshine! You look upset." And I replied "Gareth hit me on the back baba, hard" taking advantage. "My dad looked at Gareth with angry eyes and scolded him. "How many times do I have to tell you Gareth that stop teasing your sister. You are older than her....................."

Gareth eyed me indicating that he will take revenge later. I pushed my tongue out my mouth to show him I don't care. "Enough now you guys. Finish your breakfast and get out of the house. Don't you have work? I am bored of this daily episode" my mom shouted. That's when we stopped and finished eating silently. "I am done. Allah Hafiz" I said and placed a kiss on my mom's forehead before leaving. I picked the car key from the holder and got out of the house.

My collage was a 20-minute ride from my house and 10-minute walk from my brother's office but still we didn't go together. London was calmer than usual today and I noticed that the weather was a bit foggy, snow was gonna say hi soon, I guess.

Sometimes I wonder about what Allah(swt) has planned for me. Because there is so much happiness in my life. Do I deserve this? Is sorrow waiting for me in the future?.......

I pushed my thoughts away as soon as I reached my uni and parked my BMW which my brother brought me on my last birthday. He loves me I know it. it's just that he finds it cringe to show.

Everyone was already present in the classroom as I entered, and my bestie called my name from behind which is when I noticed the small figure of her as small as me, but I was taller that's it. "Assalamualaikum. Hey what made you that late? same reason as usual I guess." She whispered. "Walaikumussalam. Yeah." "That's annoying" "I don't think you find my brother annoying." "Shut up, Abira." She said shyly. "You shut up, Aysha." I snaped smirking to tease her. I know she likes my brother, and I don't have a problem with that. She's been my best friend since kinder garden. Besides, she is religious, pretty, gentle, from a nice family. Perfect for my annoying brother.

The professor entered breaking my thoughts and we continued our class to discover the human body secrets until a voice called "Abira!!" I moved my attention towards the voice. It was Miss Marin (the caretaker). I stood up and answered "Yes."

"Your brother is outside to talk to you. Says it's urgent." My heart started racing. I looked at professor and she gestured yes. "I will be back or if I call you just take my bag to me outside." I said to Aysha, and she nodded.

My brother was waiting for me outside my classroom staring at the ceiling. "Vai. What are you doing here?" That's when he came to reality. He turned to me, his eyes were red. Was he crying? My heart started pumping so fast that I started having problem in breathing. I had palpitation. Serious kind of. "Abira!! Grandma." "Grandma what vai?" I shouted. Tears were streaming down my face. "She is in the hospital. Lost sense but doc said she will be alright. Don't worry. Inshallah." "Inshallah." "Where is your bag. We need to leave." "Yeah, you go. I am coming."

He left and after taking my bag from Aysha I ran behind him. Aysha also wanted to come when I gave her a 5 sec explanation of the situation, but I told her stay so that I can have the rest of the lecture's notes from her.

Everything suddenly seemed dark to me when I sat on the passenger's seat beside my brother and ..................

"'''''''Assalamualaikum everyone. Hope you guys will love this book as this is my first book, so please support me sharing the story with your friends and relatives and voting and following me. I will publish the next part soon. Inasallah. Allah Hafiz."""""""