Chapter 1- Mayra

Finally, the day has come I have been waiting for 13 years. My heart was screaming for this day. All my anger, I kept stored for this day. I have been seeking for revenge for 13 long years. All this time I have been surrounded by my enemies, the kefirs, the killer of thousands of innocent lives, the Shaheeds who took their last breath with my father. This close but not to be able to kill them was the hardest. Pretending to be their Army Captain wasn't easy when they were to kill Muslims. But not anymore. The image of my father is floating in front of my eyes. Those rich light brown shinning eyes filled with love for his people. The warmth of his body which never failed to make me feel safe, even after he is gone. His words are ringing in my ears. I haven't shredded a single tear since that day. My heart has turned into stone, uncapable of feeling any emotion other than hatred, anger. It makes me inhuman, but I don't care as long as those dogs are alive it will remain this way except when I pray to Allah.

Doing my prayers was very difficult. The fear of getting caught was always there but still I prayed. Later I was given a room of my own when I joined the army. The only female one. It wasn't that hard as these dogs didn't have much strength.

I wore my armor and vail in a haste and threw the black hood over me. They must be waiting; I need to send them signal so that they can attack. I make my way to the bird's room through the huge ways of Baizentain palace. I took a white one which is the fastest and tied a note with her leg. It flew away. Just a matter of time and this place will be ours.

Just when I was stepping out of the door, the alert bell rung. The battle is on. The sound of swords, cutting flesh was so loud, just like that day. I couldn't wait to slaughter those dogs. I started running but the general came running this way with 9 to 11 soldiers looking furious. "You bitch" he came shouting towards me. Oh, so found out. Come.

I held my sword tight and kept the draggers ready. Before the general could attack me, I threw the dragger to his chest, and it hit right there. Oh, my draggers never failed me. He cried out. It was a poisonous one. The soldiers came to strike like fools as they were. One by one got killed by me. Finally! As I was killing the last one, I saw a boy coming this way wearing our tribe's armor. He had eyes so dark and oddly bright that I could notice them from this distance. He was tall and had a very beautiful face and so familiar yet unknow. Touba! I was so lost in thought that I didn't even notice the general rising to his feet.

I freed my sword from the dog and stood in front of him. I kicked his leg so hard even my own feet got hurt. He cried again. I could feel the stranger's eyes on me, but I don't have time. The general looked me in the eyes, I returned with full loath. "I thought you knew better than this, how could you come to kill me with just a few dogs of yours. Hah! You never had the strength to kill my father. You remember that day general. You attacked on our tribe 13 years ago. Did you ever think that the daughter of that general you killed form behind with arrows would kill you someday. I guess the poison has started its work. You will have a worse than being burnt alive." I cut his leg deep and crushed it with my shoes. His screams sounded like songs to my ears.

"Mayra" I stilled. Never in my life I would fail to recognize this voice. I turned towards my uncle. The leader of our tribe. That's when I noticed the people standing behind him. The people of my tribe. "Uncle" I went to him and kissed his hand. " My daughter." His eyes filled with tears, and he hugged me. I couldn't hold my tears back anymore. 13 years of stored emotions seems to come back. My body shivers and I let go. I cry like a mad woman. My heart seems to leave its weight. Slowly losing the hard stone like cover wrapped around it. The whole time my uncle holds me. Comforts me. Transferring its warmth to me. I kept my promise. I didn't cry for my Shaheed father but because I lost him.