Chapter-2: The tribe

The things of my father was just as I left them. My things too but they are way more short for me than I thaught they would be. When I left I was what 5 or 6. I do not remember. I want to forget it and start anew.

I started arranging the room according to my taste as I am gonna live here from now. "Hello may I come in?" Someone knocks at the door. And it's a Male's voice. I grabbed the hijab and wrapped it around my head. "Yes you may."

The moment those forest green eyes met mine, my heart skipped a beat. Orad. "Assalamualaikum" he says stepping inside. "Walaikumussalam" what was he doing here at this time of the day. It's late evening. "Umm mother has called you for dinner." "Ohh yes. Thanks for informing me. I shall be there." Giving me a small smile he leaves.

What is wrong with me? I can't be myself around him. Now I've gotten something to work on. Wonderful! Just wonderful.

Later at the dinner
"Sweetie I heard that you're arranging the room. We can shop some new things for the room. What do you say? It will be fun." Aunt Farida says smiling. She is like a mother to me. My uncle's wife. The head woman of our tribe and so kind. Mash Allah. "Thank you ummi but there is alredy so many things, no need for more." "Okay if you say so but you need clothes don't you? You have been wearing boys attire all the time. It's time to get some dresses made for you. I will call the trailer tomorrow." Now the three males sitting there turned to me to see my outfit. My uncle chuckled and said to my aunt, "Slow down Farida. Let the girl eat peacefully. We will see about this later." My aunt rolls her beautiful round eyes at him which makes us all laugh.
I catch Orad staring at me and shut my mouth. Noticing that he laughs more and winks at me. Allah! Allah! Heat rushes to my face. "Uncle, ummi allow me. I'm done and want some rest." They smile and I leave bidding them good night.

I literally run to my room. "Hey Mayra! Wait please." Oh no. No no no. I stop and turn to face him. He was huffing. "Why were you running?" "Umm I, I actually ....." good now I am shuttering. He steps closer and I step back. My heart is running like a horse. 

He smirks and says, "Do I make you nervous, Mayra. Tell me." What the heck!......does he?...well then two can play in this game. I took out my dragger and place it on his throat pushing him against a wall. Now i smirk and his doesn't fall. "No one person makes me nervous. Now you tell me, are you trying to flirt with me?" He looks directly through my eyes. "What if I say yes. I love you, Mayra. I have been for all these years." I release him. "I am truly sorry. But me and you can't happen, and you know that." "No i know nothing. I just know that I will ask father for your hand." "No, you will do no such thing. Look at me. I will be no good wife to you. You deserve so much better." And i mean it. I don't know if i will be going to any other mission or not. I can't let him destroy his life. Without saying anything I run inside my room, shutting the door. He shouts but I don't budge. He will stop himself if doesn't get a response. When I say that I mean about everything.............