Arsh

I left my office in a hurry because I had to pick Abira up from her uni. She usually comes and goes on her own but today we had to go at granny's for lunch. I made my way to Oxford Medical School. I parked the car and waited for her. There she is and who is it with her. Another man same age as mine. He was wearing an apron. She was laughing with him sweetly which she never did with me. You also didn't treat her properly so why would she, but she also shouldn't laugh with another man when she is married. My temperature was so high right now I can say it. I want to kill this man right now. How can he dare to look at my wife even. I started my way towards them and wrapped my arms around her waist. "Assalamualaikum. Sweetheart." I said kissing her forehead for the first time. She looked at me startled. "Wa-a-lai-kumussalam" she shuttered. I smiled. Then I looked at the nasty man who wasn't nasty at all but quite handsome which made me more furious. "Hey man. I am Arsh Muhammad. Abira's husband." I introduced myself proudly offering my hand for handshake. He hesitated for a moment. He looked at Abira as though he couldn't believe what he heard. "Don't dare staring at my wife, gentleman when her husband is here." He took my hand. "Hello I am Johar Ali. Practicing doctor of oxford medical. Nice to meet you." He said in a tough tone not happy about her marriage. Bustard. "Now sweetheart we must leave. Nice to meet you too Mr. Ali. And try to stay away from my wife." I left him dragging Abira with me.

.............

As soon as I started driving Abira turned to me. "What did you just do?" She asked furiously. "What did I do?" I asked innocently. "Don't act so innocent. Why did you talk to Johar like that?" She was making me angry right now. I stopped the car and turned to her. "What was you doing with him? Laughing sweetly. Chatting. So friendly huh?" "Whatever I do with him It's none of your business and he is just good friend." "What do you mean none of my business. I am your husband?" "Oh, all of a sudden you are husband now. Right?" "Listen. I don't wanna argue with you. From now on I will drop you and pick you up no matter wherever you go and that's final." She was pissed of right now. Her face was scarlet because of anger. "You know you can't just order me around." She yelled I ignored her and started driving. After a few minutes she stopped on her own and started breathing heavily. "Hey what happened? Are you okay?" "Panic attack." I stopped and took her in my arms and comported her. God. She felt good in my arms. "Calm down sweetheart. It's okay. I am here." She became normal after almost ten minutes like that. She freed herself from me and started looking outside the window. "Thanks," She murmured. "It's okay." was all I could say.

..............

grandma welcomed us. We sat in the living room. Abira said grandma that she needed use the washroom. A maid accompanied her. Grandma turned to me. "So, are you treating your wife well? She looks pale. Is she okay?" Granny asked in a worried tone. "I don't know grandma. She gets panic attack so often and nightmares." "I see. I think it's time to tell you the truth." The truth? What truth? "What truth grandma?" "She is your habibti, Arsh." "What do you mean? You are joking right?" I don't believe her. How can she be her. She left that's what grandma said to me since childhood. "I know what you are thinking Arsh. We lied. She also doesn't know it's you. just her grandma knew since that accident. They knew you were dead. I told them the truth when I went with the proposal. You know what her nightmares are about? It's about you. She sees the moment when she told you goodbye for the last time as she knows. She still suffers. She has been getting panic attacks since then. "Tears started flowing down my face. Unstoppable. How can she? I have been the reason of her suffering for all these years. I even ruined her weeding night and shouted at her. She didn't even tell me anything after seeing her childhood photo in my phone. I hurt her. I really don't deserve her. I can give her nothing but pain, but I would apologize. I would beg for her forgiveness. She must accept because I am her Habib. Allah has given me my love. He has accepted my dua's. My love is mine. I would give her all my love and take her out of those pain she has been suffering. She will not let her go anywhere. Not anymore. She is all mine. Allah has given her to me and me to her. I will tell her everything but not now. Properly. "Why didn't you tell me at first? otherwise I wouldn't hurt her." "What you misbehaved with her already? You are a bustard my grandson." "You could have told me." I said furiously. When grandma was about to say something, Abira returned. I wiped my tears quickly but she already noticed. She didn't say anything though. In the dining table I was just looking at her. She was really the most beautiful woman in the world....

...........

Abira

After I came back from washroom, I saw Arsh crying. Why was he crying though. "Let's go dear. Lunch is ready. You must be hungry. I heard that you fainted." Granny said in a worried tone. "No granny I am fine. It's just regular." We went to the dining room to have dinner. Hafsa granny's house was simple and elegant like my granny's. I like this kind of house. When I looked at Arsh, I found him staring at me. When he didn't move his gaze, I did because I started blushing. After dinner we chitchatted for like half an hour and decided to go back home. "So soon dear." "Another time grandma. Why don't you come at our place tomorrow." "Noo!" Arsh snaped. I looked at him shocked. "I mean grandma would come another time. Right grandma?" He eyed grandma. "Oh yeah. Actually, I have some work tomorrow, but I promise I will visit soon." She kindly said. "Oh okay. Allah Hafiz grandma." "Allah Hafiz dear. Stay safe." I smiled.

.................

On the way to our house, Arsh kept shooting glances at me. I felt really uncomfortable. Why is he behaving like that all of a sudden. Did he find out? Well, no no no no no. That's not the case. What if he did? This thought made my tears come. I looked at him and he looked back directly in my eyes. His eyes filled with tears also. "I am sorry, Habibti." What did he just call me? "What did you call me?" I forced myself to utter. "Habibti. You are my Habibti. Aren't you?" Tears falling rapidly from his eyes. "Yes I am." I whispered. He seemed taken aback. Maybe couldn't believe the fact that I know the truth "Why did you hide it?" "I didn't know until yesterday." "Then why didn't you tell me the moment you found out." "Because I thought you don't remember me anymore. It was hard for me. After all these years, I found out that you are alive when I have been knowing that you are dead. It wasn't easy to believe. I have palpitation because of you, panic attack because of you, nightmares because of you. I have got nothing but nothing but sorrow since you left you. It was hard to accept your marriage proposal. After seeing my childhood photo on your phone and the way you behaved when I touched my own photo, I was surprised. I thought it's because I touched you phone but no it was because I touched that photo of mine. You are such a bastard. My grandma told me these when I went to her. I was furious at her but then she explained why they did it and I hate you." I finished within a breath. I looked away from him. "I am sorry love. I never mean to hurt you. From now on I will love you with all my heart because I always have. I am all yours and you are only mine." God. Yaa Allah. Did he just confess his love to me. I can't bear this. I surely have turned into a tomato right now. Arsh chuckled. "You are blushing right now. that's adorable." "No I am not blushing." "Yes you are." "No." "Yes." "No." "Yes." "Ok I give up." I huffed. He smiled softly. Oh my God. His chuckle. It's melting me. I looked at him in aww. All of a sudden he leaned closer and kissed me on the cheek. Shit. I wanna hide my face right now. "What did you do?" "What?" He asked innocently. "Nothing." "I didn't even touch you and you are blushing like a tomato." "You didn't touch me?" "Well, I guess my definition of touch is different than yours. But I will let you know when we go home. Don't worry. You will soon find out." What was he gonna do? Oh, don't be a drama queen. You know what he meant Dr. Abira. "What do you mean?" "Oh, you know what I mean Dr. I will also find out your skills as a doctor." I wanna die of shame. "You are shameless." "Oh. Really? You haven't seen anything yet baby." He stopped the car that means we are home. I started getting out of the car but two masculine arms grabbed my wrest and turned me. Before I even realized I felt two soft lips on mine. He is kissing me. Oh my God. So, that's how kissing feels like. Huh? It's heaven. For a moment I didn't kiss back but then he pulled me closer making my legs jelly. I couldn't hold myself anymore. and kissed back. he smiled while kissing. I realized how much I wanted this.

"Assalamualaikum. So sorry to update late but I don't have a choice. My exams are gonna start from next week. So I can't update so soon maybe. Inshallah and Allah hafiz.""