Weeding night

flashback

After finishing our lunch, we decided to watch a movie. "So, Ayesha, grandma any movie suggestions?" "What about a Bollywood movie?" grandma gestured. "Nooooo!!" Ayesha and I snapped together. "I hate Bollywood." Ayesha said. "Me too." "Well, what's wrong with Bollywood? So romantic and nice movies." Grandma loved Bollywood and Ayesha hated it unlike me. "No grandma. So unrealistic love and I hate the culture also. So much music. I hate music." Ayesha said and I agreed. "But you girls love songs." Grandma said making a confused expression. "Of course, we love songs but vocals only my cutie-pretty granny." "You girls are unbelievable." Grandma said annoyed. So, we decided to watch harry potter and the deathly hollows. We love Harry potter since childhood and never can get enough of it and surprisingly grandma enjoys it too. We ate popcorns and chocolates while watching. After we finished our movie, we Performed our asr salah. Ayesha and I started reciting surah "Kahaf" as it was Friday while granny was reading tasbih sitting in the living room. We finished reciting. I headed to the kitchen to make coffee for us and Ayesha went to accompany granny.

I made coffee and sandwiches for us. When I was about to leave with the tray Ayesha stormed into the kitchen was just about to crash with me luckily, I saved the tray. "What Ayesha!! Watch out girl." I gasped. "Oh sorry. I just. You need to go." "What! Where?" "Your family is here and a guest. Same old as grandma. They are looking for you." "Who is it?"

"I don't know. you better go and check yourself." "Okay hold it. I will be back." I gave the tray to Ayesha, and she nodded. I went to the living room and greeted everyone. "Salam." And they returned. There was Mamma, baba, vai. "Mashallah! You have such a beautiful granddaughter, Halima." I followed the voice and that's when I noticed an old woman sitting beside my granny. "Come daughter sit down." She gestured towards the next seat my brother was sitting. I hesitated for a moment and then sat there. "What's your name dear?" She asked. "Abira." "Such a lovely name. I suppose you did not recognize me. I am your Hafsa granny?" At first I was shocked. Hafsa granny! Grandma's elder sister. She left US when I was just four. I don't remember her but I have heard about her from granny. She was married to a Multibillionaire unlike my grandma. We are multibillionaire but we like live simple lives. My brother didn't join in our company yet because he wanted to have experience of becoming a CEO and he will be joining our compony in the next month. "Oh welcome back granny." I responded smiling. "Thanks my child, thanks. Though you are maybe wondering why I am here. Actually." She stopped and took my hands into hers and continued "Actually dear the matter is I want you be my grandson's wife." What? Did I hear right? Who is her grandson and why should I merry him. I didn't say anything. Why wasn't anyone telling anything? "Look you don't have to tell me anything right now. I will wait for the answer till tomorrow morning and I am expecting a yes. I will promise you won't regret you decision. Your grandma and I promised each other since you were both children. It was decided but I won't give any pressure on you. My grandson is a very good person. I am sure he will treat you well. He has grown without parents. I have always feared he will give up someday but still he remained strong. He always hide his true self and I hope that you can bring that true self of him back. I have heard from your grandma that how responsible girl you are. So please don't break my hope." She said while tears were falling down his face. She had so much hope in his eyes how will I break it. I looked at my grandma helplessly and she gestured to say yes and my parents did the same but when I looked at my brother, anger was clearly visible in his blue green eyes. "Yes. I agree." These three words slipped from my mouth before even I realized as if I was destined to say that. Then I was shocked myself. What did I just say? "Thank you my dear. I am forever grateful to you. I promise you won't regret your decision. Then the weeding will be tomorrow. You guys don't worry. Everything is ready. Shopping is done. I will send them to your house today. Now I got to go." She turned to grandma and they congratulated each other and then she left saying us goodbye. After she left My families heads turned to me and I broke into tears realizing what just happened. "I am sorry." I whispered looking at them.