21

7:30 on the dot, and there he is. Leaned on the wall by the park, scrolling on his phone

He didn't see me just yet, so I skipped quietly until I was right in front of him, leaning next to his phone to look up at him. 'Boo.'

What's with that blinding smile?

'Morning, NaNa.' He giggles

'Oh, damn. I have completely and absolutely forgot about that name.' I laugh in shock. I haven't heard that in years either. But that just reminds me of his own name. 'Have you been waiting long, MiMi?' I grin

He never liked that. As a kid, he would pout with his entire body. He hated that name. 'Aish. Goosebumps.' He pretends to shudder, but giggles away. 'Let's go to school.'

It felt like we did this a million times before. Going to school, talking the entire way. It's like we never run out of subjects to talk about. It's just easy. As easy as breathing.

'Whoa.' He took my hand and pulled me into his chest, getting me out of the way of some dumb kid that thought it would be a good idea to ride a skateboard in the hallway. 'You okay?' He asks, looking into my eyes

'Thanks to you. As always.' I smile

'I think you just have to stick to me if you wanna survive.' He teases, putting a strand of my hair behind my ear

He's never done that before. And my heart never skipped a beat at him touching me. But I guess it's a normal thing to happen when someone touches you.

'Ye-yeah.' I mumble, stumbling a bit with my word

'Sorry.' He pulled away, realizing it made me a bit flustered

'It's okay. Really.' I smile brightly. He didn't do anything wrong. He shouldn't feel like he did just because I get moved easily

'Shall we?' He gestures to the classroom, letting me go in front of him

He held the door so they don't close in and smack me, as he always did.

'Are you on a mission today?' He saved me before I fell onto the desk in front of me. People need to stop putting their backpacks on the ground

'Thank you.' That was close. I can feel my heart racing a bit from the almost impact

'Am I interrupting something?' Iyera pops to my side, having one of those smirks of hers, looking between the two of us

'Her falling on her face.' Jimin jokes, letting go of me. 'Be careful.' He pat me on the head, heading for his desk

'Will do, dad.' I chuckle

'More like daddy.' Iyera whispers into my ear, making me cringe to my core

'Ew.' I shudder. 'That's just disturbing.'

She laughed like a little maniac, throwing herself on the chair. 'So, did you get any rest? Do anything fun?'

'Besides seeing Jimin in the evening, nothing else.'

'Back up a bit.' She leans forward. 'Was it a date?' She whispers

'Huh? What? No.' I laugh. 'Nothing like that. We juat went to the little children's park near my place.'

'A... children's park?' She raises her eyebrow. 'What the....'

'Okay. Recap time.' I motion for her to come a bit closer. 'Do you remember when I told you he reminds me of someone I used to know?'

She nodded, telling me to continue.

'He is that someone.' I chuckle, and her eyes open in surprise. 'We used to play in that park when we were little, so he took me to the same exact spot we met when we were kids. He found it funny that it took me that long to recognise him.'

'That sounds like something out of a movie.' She grins. 'A long lost love, found yet again.' She gets all dramatic, putting her hand on her forehead

'Aaand there she goes.' I sigh. 'Just go and study, you idiot.'

She giggled, but she turned around when she heard the professor come in.

Thinking about her words, it does sound like a movie or something. And thinking of that, I caught myself looking at Jimin more than once.

Some things about him are still the same. His hair is still the same as it was when he was little. Shiny and fluffy. He still pouts when he concentrates or when he's annoyed. He still pulls his thumbs when he's nervous. He's still has that eye smile. Those are the things that warm my heart a bit. But there are many things that are so much different than they used to be.

He's grown so much. He used to be smaller than me, and now I have to lift my head to look at him. The way he smells is manly. And he seems to keep saving me and protecting me. He is so close yet so far from that kid I knew. But then again, it was a lifetime ago. I'm not the same I was either. It's only natural.

He turned and looked at me, smiling at me. Crap. He caught me staring. I smiled a bit, then looked back down at my notebook, pretending to read something. Talk about awkward.

I was trying so hard to avoid looking at him, but then a piece of crumbled paper landed on my desk. I looked up, and he grinned, miming for me to open it.

I unfolded the little ball of paper to find a little drawing he did in the cave, with words 'You draw me one NaNa' next to it. It made me giggle a bit, but I did it, then tossed it back to him.

He looked a bit insane smiling at a ripped piece of paper, but he worked on straightening it, then he put it in the back of his phone case so you could see it through it. I might as well do the same. It's kinda cute.

'What are you giggling about?' Iyera turned to me. Maybe I was a bit too loud

'Nothing at all.' I couldn't even hide the smile. Didn't think it would make me so happy. A piece of paper

She squinted at me but didn't question further as we were in the middle of the class. Thank God for that.

A little break between the classes gave me a chance to go and take a little stroll, purely to stretch my legs.

'Come with me.'