𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 2 × 𝘚𝘩𝘢𝘺𝘯𝘦

I was in my room reading a book when the front door slammed.

"We're home!" Mom chirped. "Want to see the ultrasound pictures?"

I immediately dropped my book on my bed and ran downstairs to the kitchen. Jaison had beat me there and was already looking at the glossy black-and-white photos with a smile on his face.

"Let me see," I said. I grabbed the pictures from him and stared at them. I smiled big—there was my new baby sibling!—then it dropped.

"Wait a second," I said slowly. I brought the picture closer to my face and squinted at it.

"What?" Jaison said. He looked over my shoulder and I moved it so he could see.

"Is that—?" Jaison breathed.

"What?" Bennet said behind us.
I waved him over and showed him the picture. He stared at it, again with an expressionless face. A few seconds later, his eyes got super wide.

"Wait," he said slowly. "That's more than one baby."

Mom giggled.

Jaison looked up at her. "Are you—?"

Mom laughed and nodded.

"There was a change of plans," Dad chuckled.

"I'm having twins!" Mom exclaimed.

"WHAT?" Jaison and I yelled at the same time.

Again, Bennet didn't say anything. His jaw dropped.

"OH MY GOSH! Shayne, we can have a whole basketball team!" Jaison said excitedly.

"Yeah, sure. Whatever," I said. I wasn't into sports like he was.

"This is so exciting!" I said.

"Bennet, can you believe this? You're going have two little siblings!" Jaison said. "This is amazing!"

Bennet was quiet for a few seconds. "It's... it's cool," he said slowly.

Mom gave him a small smile. "Come here, baby," she said.

She hugged him tightly. "It's going to be okay, buddy," she whispered. "You're always going to be my little boy."

Bennet smiled and hugged her back.

Dad hugged him too. "You're going to be a big brother, buddy," he said with a smile.

Bennet nodded. He didn't say anything, but I could see it starting to click in his head.

I went up and hugged him. "Isn't this exciting?" I asked.

Bennet nodded slowly. "Yeah," he whispered. "I think so."