𝘌𝘹𝘵𝘳𝘢 𝘚𝘤𝘦𝘯𝘦 × 𝘚𝘩𝘢𝘺𝘯𝘦

"Right over here," Jaison whispered. "But you have to be super quiet, because they're sleeping right now."

"And when one wakes up, then the other one does, and then all of us do," I sighed.

My and Jaison's friends quietly chuckled.

Jaison silently opened the door, and the 6 of us quietly stepped into the nursery. Jaison and I led them over to the cribs.

Sadie and Conor's nursery

"On the left is Conor," Jaison whispered. "On the right is Sadie."

"Your princess," Ivan said with a grin.

Jaison smiled. "Yeah. She's my princess."

Jaison's friends and my best friend Benjamin peered into the cribs. Conor was wearing a sleeper with blue and brown dogs on it, and Sadie was wearing a pink striped one with a koala bear on it.

Our friends smiled and whispered things like "aww," and "they're cute."

Sandro turned to say something to Jaison, and his elbow bumped a decoration of some sort. It clattered loudly to the floor.

We froze.

Sadie stirred.

"Oh, no," I groaned.

I rushed over to her crip and gently patted her tummy.

"Shhh," I murmured. "It's okay, honey. Go back to sleep. Shhh."

But it was too late. She was awake, and she was not happy about it.

She started to wail, and I groaned again and picked her up, bouncing, rocking, and patting her on the back with whispers of "Shhh."

Her crying woke up her twin brother, who was very upset at being woken up by his sister. He started wailing, too.

Jaison lunged for him and started rocking and bouncing him likewise to me.

"I am so, so, so sorry," Sandro said. "I didn't mean to wake them up. I am so sorry."

"It's alright," Jaison sighed. "It was an accident."

I rocked Sadie in my arms and peppered kisses all over her head.

"Hey, sweetie," I whispered. "It's okay. You're safe. Bubby's right here. He's not going to let anything happen to you."