𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 6 × 𝘑𝘢𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘯

"Who's the cutest baby ever? Who's the most precious little girl in the world? You are!"

I tickled Sadie's neck and she giggled loudly.

"You" kiss "Are" kiss "So" kiss "Stinking" kiss "Cute." Kiss, kiss, kiss.

"Stop smothering her," Shayne said. He shoved Conor into my arms and picked up Sadie.

"Because it's my turn to smother you," he said happily. He blew raspberry on her cheek. She giggled even louder.

"Why did you have to grow up so fast?" he said sadly. "My baby girl is a year old already? Where does the time go? I want a rebate."

Today was the twins' 1st birthday. We were holding a circus-themed party for them and had invited all of our family and friends.

We had chosen a circus theme because, well... ever since the twins were born, the house has been a bit of a circus. 

The party decorations

"Are you two ready for cake?!" I said to Conor enthusiastically. Conor smiled and clapped his hands.

Unfortunately, during the past year of their lives, the twins had become all too familiar with the word "cake." Bennet had been trying to get them to say it, but Mom and Dad were trying to hold that off for as long as possible. As soon as the twins started talking, our lives were over.

Shayne and I carried them over to their decorated high chairs. We put on some smocks over their outfits—Sadie was wearing a red tutu and bow and Conor was wearing yellow suspenders and a bowtie—and put them in their high chairs.

"Oh my gosh," I said. "Where's my phone? You guys are way too cute."

I grabbed my smartphone from a nearby table and took a few pictures of them. Okay, more than a few.

Mom and Bennet came over carrying their smash cakes, both smiling huge. They set their cakes in front of them, and Dad got poised and ready with the camera.