chapter eighteen

"I have never cried at a concert before, my God," Magnolia was gently wiping her eyes with a tissue, trying to preserve her makeup.

"How do you look good even when you're sobbing? It's slightly annoying," Tina tried to lighten the mood.

Phoebe, Lucy, and Julien ran to the middle of the runway part of the stage, they ended up all on the floor and screamed their hearts out for the final song of Phoebe's set.

"Oh hush, despite the whole sobbing part, her set was really good! Now we get to see them before Taylor Swift goes on!" Maggie gleamed with excitement, she couldn't wait to see Julien. All she wanted to do was hug her.

It took around ten minutes for the boys to get changed but soon they made it to the VIP tent.

"You should look behind you, Mag," Tina smirked, pointing right at where Julien was standing.

Magnolia turned around as fast as she possibly could, a little gasp fell from her lips as her body collided with Julien's pulling her into a hug.

Julien's little giggles were everything to Magnolia when she heard them, "Hi, Maggie."

Maggie pulled away from the hug and placed her hands on Julien's cheeks. "You did so well! Your voice is amazing!"

"She was crying during Graceland Too," Tina whispered not so quietly to Phoebe while hugging her.

"You were crying?" Julien furrowed her brow, and a concerned look spread across her face.

"You don't have to worry, I just got a little emotional, that's all," her hands fell from Julien's cheeks to her tattooed hands.

"You look beautiful, by the way. This jumpsuit looks really good on you," one of Julien's hands fiddled with the bottom of her jacket.

"Alright love birds, I want a hug from Maggie," Lucy gently pushed Julien to the side so she could hug Magnolia.

"Well, I want one too! I already got to hug Tina and Chloé!" Phoebe pushed her way past everyone to also get to Maggie.

"Phoebe, your set was amazing!" Maggie exclaimed, being pulled away from Lucy and into Phoebe's arms.

"Thank you, Mags!" the older girl smiled, before pulling away. "This show's gonna be crazy, there's so much going on tonight."

"Oh yeah? Like what?" Tina asked, leaning up against her girlfriend.

"Well if I told you, then that would be taking the fun out of it," the platinum blonde took a sip of her water.

And goodness was she right. The night in Nashville was definitely one for the books. As the concert went on, Tina, Chloé, Maggie, Julien, Lucy, and Phoebe, who were also eventually joined by Matty Healy, Gracie Abrams, Hayley Williams, and Taylor York danced and sang the whole time.

Lucy's phone was out and recording as Taylor started to play 'Lover.' Maggie's head was swirling with decisions as she spaced out.

She finally made up her mind during the course before the bridge, she turned her head to her left to look at Julien. She made eye contact with Tina, who was on the other side of Lucy.

"Record them," Tina nudged Lucy, who immediately put her camera on the two. The action made Chloé and Phoebe turn their attention to them as well.

When Taylor started singing the bridge, Maggie took one of Julien's hands into her own. "Julien?"

"Yes? Is everything alright?" She yelled over the loud sound of the concert.

"Everything's perfect," she thought about whether or not she was actually going to do this. "Fuck it," she muttered to herself before asking, "Will you be my girlfriend?"

Julien's shocked expression made Maggie nervous but JB was simply trying to process what she had just been asked.

"Yes! Yes, I'll be your girlfriend!" Julien had the biggest smile on her face as she tightly hugged her girlfriend.

Maggie had a matching grin on her face, she placed a kiss on the top of Julien's head, giving the shorter girl an idea.

"Can I kiss you?" Julien asked, looking directly into Magnolia's fully dilated, dark brown eyes.

"Yes," and with that consent, their lips connected right as the song ended.

The crowd might have been screaming for Taylor, but Julien and Maggie's friends were screaming for them.

---------------------------

a/n: they're together 🙏

(also Maggie and Hayley Williams aren't gonna interact anytime soon BUT I do have a plan with them in the third act)

one more thing: one of my favorite artists 'Zeph' just released her debut album 'Character Development' and you guys should REALLY check it out. it gives off 2000's disney channel original movie rock/summer vibes and its so so good

-A