chapter seventy-five

Maggie's Pov,
---------------------------

"Look what I found!" My arms were carrying two photo albums, I sat down next to Julien on the couch. "They're a bunch of photos of you when you were in high school!"

"Oh, God! They're pretty bad," she grabbed one of the albums and opened it up. "My hair!" Julien gasped, seeing how short her hair used to be.

"Did you have a fucking rat tail?" I gagged, pointing at the red tuft of hair at the back of her head.

"I used to braid it too," she cringed, turning the page. "Before that, I had emo hair," she pointed to the next photo.

"Your bangs! Oh, that's cute! It's not as bad as the rat tail, I would've had a hallway crush on you," I giggled as she turned the page again. "Tell me you're gay in Tennessee without telling me you're gay in Tennessee."

The photos that were on the next page were of Julien in multiple different American flag outfits. "I can't even defend myself, this was our first out-of-state gig. I was in a punk band, it was the Fourth of July and we drove to a park in North Carolina."

"Wait, look at this photo," I pointed to a picture of Julien on stage. "That's Tina, Brady, and I."

"Holy shit! That is! I remember you, we were talking about you guys after the gig," Julien remembered. "I said that I hoped you would kick that guy to the curb because he was being an asshole to you."

"Yeah, he didn't like the way I was looking at the lead singer. Now, it doesn't matter," I closed the photo album and placed both of them on the coffee table. "It doesn't matter because next week I'm getting married to the gentlest woman I've ever met."

Julien climbed onto my lap, "Everything's gonna be perfect, even your parents are coming! I'm so ready to make you Magnolia Baker."

"Me too, hon. What were you doing earlier? If it's top secret then you don't have to tell me but you were gone for like forever it felt like," I questioned. Julien left really early in the morning and was gone virtually all day.

"Okay, I'll show you!" She leaned back and pulled her shirt over her head. Her arm was wrapped with a clear bandage, a new Jellyfish tattoo permanently etched into her arm.

My jaw dropped, "Oh, Julien. Sunshine, it's beautiful! I love it so, so much," I kissed her rather passionately. She got a tattoo for me, FOR ME!

"It's one of my favorites, it's the exact type of jellyfish they had at the aquarium we went to."

"I love how the black flows through the tattoo, I like how the only colored tattoo you have is the red lines on your knuckles. The simple black is my favorite, sometimes I think colored tattoos are ugly," I giggled, admiring the tattoo.

"I can appreciate them but I prefer classic black, I'm really glad you like them. Where's Beans?" Julien asked, kissing my cheek.

"She's probably asleep on your couch in the music room, she likes it in there. Probably because she likes watching you make music," I play with her naturally slightly crimped hair.

"She watched me when I made 'Red Door,' she loved it so much, it always put her to sleep," she smiled, leaning her head on my chest.

"Beans and I have so much in common, we both love you and fall asleep to you singing," since we've had a chance, Julien sings me to sleep every night.

"Very true, what song would you like tonight?" Julien asked, brushing hair out of her face that was tickling her nose.

"Oh, I think you know."

"Red Door, it is!"

---------------------------

a/n: im so sad the book is coming to a close. apologies for the late Monday night update. ADHD has been kicking ass!

1 chapter + 2 epilogue ones left :(