chapter forty

Maggie's Pov:
---------------------------

"Good morning, oh my God, your hair!" I greeted Julien, who was still on the phone. She had her hair pulled back in a bun with little wispy hairs falling in front of her face.

"What? it's just pulled back," she giggled. I leaned over with my arm under my chest, staring at her with my jaw slightly ajar. I've never seen her with her hair pulled back.

"You have no idea what that does to me, you are killing me," she looked so insanely good with her hair like that.

"Oh, so you like this?" Julien teased, turning her head so I could see the bun better.

"Yeah, I-I definitely like it, a lot," why do we have to be so far away from each other?

"Well, I quite like the view I have right now," she smirked. I looked at myself in the camera. I knew exactly what she was going on about, I'm in a rather tight bra/sleep shirt with messy hair.

My face heated up, "that's crazy that you just turned this onto me."

"You deserve it, you're so beautiful," she gleamed.

"I have a question, last night when you said that I was the one for you, did you mean that?"

"Of course I did. I wouldn't have said it if I didn't think that. I've never felt this way about someone before," Julien's voice was hushed, I could tell she felt vulnerable diving into this topic.

"I feel the same way about you, you're the one for me," I knew what I was gonna do that day.

Julien and I talked for a couple of hours, I told her that I had to go to work so the call came to an end. I lied to her.

"Hello! How can I help you?" an older man asked, turning his attention to me.

"Hi! I'm looking for engagement rings," I smiled. The store was full of beautiful jewelry so I hope I can find the one here.

"Oh? Isn't that a man's job?" He chuckled, bringing the big, diamond rings out. I tried to brush off the comment. As I'm looking at them, none of them look like something I could see Julien wearing.

"Do you have any that are more masculine, perhaps? My girlfriend isn't very flashy when it comes to jewelry," I chewed on my lip.

"I'm sorry, I'm gonna have to ask you to leave. We're a Christian business, we don't sell to gay people," the man quickly put the rings away and took a step back. He was acting as if I had a contagious disease.

"Is my necklace invisible? Just because I'm with a girl doesn't mean I still can't believe. I hope one day people like you will realize we aren't awful people!" I immediately left, I can't believe we still have to go through this.

I looked up ring stores and sifted through them until I found a queer-owned store. It was a bit of a drive but anything to get the best for my girl and I.

---------------------------

a/n: I'm feeling quite down today so I hope you guys enjoyed this.

There are seven chapters left of Act Two, then it's on to Act Three.

-A