chapter twenty-eight

Maggie's Pov:
---------------------------

We pulled up in front of a two-story house that looked like it was straight out of an old Western movie. An off-white with green accents farmhouse, plants, and a front garden lined the walkway up to the green front door was what we were met with.

Julien and I walked hand in hand up to the door. I pressed the gray doorbell, earning loud shuffles from inside the house. The front door swings open, and the first person we see is Josiah.

"Oh my God, I can't wait for you both to officially meet my family!" He smiled as we entered the beautiful house. Josiah hugged us as he continued to speak, "Noah was changing Fallon so she'll be down in a-"

My brother got cut off mid-sentence by Noah's voice as she raced down the stairs with her daughter in her arms. "Maggie! Julien!"

Once she made it safely to the bottom, she handed off Fallon to Josiah and pulled me into a tight hug. "It's so good to meet you face to face! Oh my God, you both are beautiful!" She pulled away and brought Julien into a hug.

The both of us thanked her for the sweet compliments as Fallon started babbling and saying our names.

"Hi, Fallon!" I cooed, moving over to my niece. She looks like a perfect mix of both her parents. She has on a pretty light pink dress with her dirty blonde hair in high ponytails.

"Maggie!" She reached out, attempting to wiggle out of her dad's grip until he eventually just passed her off to me.

"Hi, Fallon! You look very pretty today!" I started a conversation with my niece as we walked over to the soft couch.

"Thank you! My mama picked it out for me," she grinned.

"Then your mom has good style! Who do you wanna sit next to on the couch?" I asked the first one to take a seat. Fallon pointed to me then Julien. Of course, my girlfriend was compliant, sitting next to us while Josiah and Noah sat on the opposite end.

"Woah," Fallon crawled onto Julien's lap, she started gently touching Julien's tattoos. "You have drawings all over!"

Julien's smile was a mile wide, and so was everyone else's. "I do! My drawings are a big commitment, if you draw on yourself It will go away, right?" She asked, causing Fallon to nod. "Well, my drawings don't ever come off."

Fallon's jaw dropped, "really?" She whispered, after mischievously looking at her mom.

"Yeah, really. You can't get them right now, and you have to make sure your parents are okay with it because they last forever." Julien explained further.

Every time the little girl asked about a tattoo, Julien answered. I turned my attention to the couple at the end of the couch. "It's crazy that it's taken us this long to meet each other!"

"Right? When Julian texted Josiah I literally could've cried. I care about you two so much and It's your anniversary and you choose to spend it with us? You really didn't have to do that!"

"I wouldn't have it any other way! We've been dying to see you all in person! What are some things that we could do today?" I asked.

"There is a park not too far away from here, we go there all the time because there's a huge field that's connected to it. We were thinking we could go there!" Josiah truly looked like a dad as he waved his hands around, describing the park.

"I made a strawberry cake earlier this morning, we can bring that!" Noah suggested. This was gonna be so fun.

---------------------------

a/n: It's Monday, so it's update day!

-A