Avengers / Muted

When the team had gone on a mission to find an ex Hydra agent that was still alive, the last thing they expected was to find a young woman there.
Shield had taken the Hydra agent into custody and the team decided they would keep you here in a cell (because shield didn't want to deal with you.)
Steve came into the room seeing you crying and rocking back and forth with your head in your hands.

"I know all of this must be very frightening, but I can promise you that you're safe here." He said as you looked up at him.
You kept pointing at your feet and Steve looked at you in confusion.
Nat came into the room as well as she looked at Steve.

"How's it going?" She asked as she looked at you.

"I don't think she can speak." Steve muttered as Nat nodded a little.

"Hang on I'll be back." She said before running off again.
Steve tried to talk to you or calm you down but it didn't work.
Eventually Nat returned with a small whiteboard and pen.
She put it into the cell.

"Here, you can write on this." She said as you nodded and crawled forward to grab the whiteboard.
Your hands were shaking as you began to write, you turned it around to them.

"Socks?" Steve questioned in confusion.
You write again and turned it around.

"A pair of socks? Oh, you want some socks to wear?" Nat asked as you nodded quickly.

"Okay I guess, I'll be back again." She said about to leave before you tapped on the glass to get her attention and showed her the whiteboard.

"A tight pair of socks, got it." Nat said before leaving again.

"There's also a blanket on the bed there if you want it." Steve said as you nodded a little and scurried over to wrap the blankets around your shoulders.

"Are you mute by choice or not?" Steve asked as you moved your short down a little to show him a large scar across your neck.
He looked at you sadly and nodded.

"Thank you for telling me." He replied as you nodded a little.
Natasha returned with a pair of socks and placed them into the cell.
You quickly grabbed them and put them on your feet as you began to calm down a little.

"There's a large scar across her throat, I'm guessing that's why she can't talk. It might even be some sort of torture." Steve informed Nat as she nodded and looked back at you.

"We need to ask you a few questions, we'll take you to an interrogation room and get you some food and something to drink." Nat said as you nodded a bit.
Steve opened up the cell door and helped you to stand up, he secured hand cuffs around you.

"If they get too uncomfortable just let me know, okay?" Steve said as you nodded a little.
You followed him out of the cell and looked around the tower.
You eventually made it to the interrogation room and sat across from Steve.
He began asking questions and you did your best to answer them, after all you wanted to cooperate.

"Alright, thank you for helping us Y/N. We'll figure all of this out." Steve said as he was about to stand up before you reached out and grabbed his wrist.
You quickly wrote something down.

'Are you going to lock me away?' You asked as Steve read your writing.
He sighed and smiled sadly.

"I hope not, all of this is up to Shield, but considering none of it was your choice I would say you have a pretty good chance." He replied making you smile softly.

You stayed in the interrogation room for a while and had something to eat and drink.
Eventually Steve returned and sat across from you.

"Okay, we spoke to Shield and we came up with a plan. They want you to go to a psychiatric hospital for about six months so they can monitor your situation. It's a very nice one and it's completely safe and we're allowed to visit you, and then after that we'll check in and you might be able to get a job in the city and maybe live here." Steve informed your as your eyes widened.
You smiled and quickly scribbled on the whiteboard.

'Thank you.'