Bucky - Dumb Idea

It was stupid, God it was the most ridiculous idea you'd ever had but it was your only chance.
You ran along the streets when your eyes caught two policemen standing outside a store.

"I'm going to get killed..." You muttered before you ran at him and tackled him to the ground before quickly jumping up.

"I'm gonna kill everyone here!" You screamed as the cop quickly and easily took you down and handcuffed you.

"Fucking psycho bitch." He muttered, making you stand up as they dragged you towards the cop car.

"I was just trying to get a coffee, goddamn." The other muttered as you sat in the back seat and sighed, glad you didn't have a bullet in your head.

"I'm tired of these fucking drug addicts." One of them grumbled as you sighed and rested your head against the seat.

--

You sat in a cell as you waited.
Suddenly you heard a noise and looked up to see a familiar face standing with an officer.

"Bucky!" You shouted in relief as you ran up to the door and looked at him.
The officer let you out and you ran to Bucky, hugging him tightly.

"You're lucky you've got rich friends." The officer mumbled before walking away.
Bucky awkwardly hugged you back before he pushed you away so he could see you.

"Y/N, what the hell? It's been three years and suddenly I get a call that you assaulted a police officer." He scolded as you looked at him with tears in your eyes.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, Bucky. I just couldn't think of anything else to do." You whispered as you began to cry.
Bucky looked at you better and noticed bruising all over you.

"Y/N, what the hell is going on?" He asked as you cried softly and held onto his hand.

"Can we just get out of here, please?" You whispered as he sighed.

"Okay, come on. We'll go somewhere and talk." He replied as you signed out of the police station and followed Bucky out to a car he had parked outside.
You got in the passenger seat and sighed, he started up the car and began to drive.

"Talk, Y/N. Because three years ago you left with no explanation, I tried to contact you, to find you, anything but I couldn't. You don't just leave someone like that, I care about you." Bucky scolded you as you turned your head to look at him.

"I know... I never ever wanted to leave." You replied as he sighed and kept his eyes on the road.

"If you didn't want to leave then why did you?" He asked as you turned back to stare at the road ahead.

"You remember Jay?" You muttered as Bucky glanced at you for a moment.

"Yeah, your boyfriend." He replied as you tried your best to not cry.

"He didn't let me see you... At first he was sweet and kind and he took care of me... But, it turned around so fast. He started hitting me and being paranoid if I left... Eventually he smashed my phone and locked me in the apartment, making sure I never left. " You whispered as Bucky stared at you for a moment before quickly realising he was still driving a car on a main road.

"Jesus, Y/N. I should've...I could've saved you." He muttered as you turned to look at him again.

"I was finally able to break out of the apartment when he was out. I didn't have money for a bus or train or anything. I didn't have a phone and I knew he would be after me very soon. So, I saw a policeman and attacked him. Knowing I could call you to bail me out." You said making Bucky sigh.

"Y/N, they could've shot you dead right there." He scolded as you chuckled a little.

"I wouldn't have minded." You muttered, looking away.

"It doesn't matter, I've got you now. That's what matters." Bucky whispered as he turned to you when he stopped at a red light.
You looked at him as well and smiled a little.

"So, you're not angry with me?" You whispered as Bucky reached over and gently placed his hand on your thigh.

"Doll, I could never be angry with you. Let's get you somewhere safe, okay?"